[REQUEST] Need Feedback on My New Site Please

maclaptech

Reaction score
Please let me know what you think. It is still work in progress but need feedback from repair shop and technician point of view. Would you buy from this site if you come across it? If yes or no, what are the reasons? I can take criticism so no worries.

Btw, I am still working on a slide show for the website instead of what I have right now on top of front page.

https://mac-parts-usa.com

Thank you,

Ron

I wouldn't bother with the Apple A model numbers. They cross multiple years and configs so they are of little use. Just list by model, size and year.

Your landing page could be more consistent. Instead of screen size I'd start with Model. Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, and Macbook. The next page wold have the different sizes, etc.

Many of us in the business understand what Apple's incredibly stupid policies concerning parts are. Officially, new parts are only available through an ASP and it's a violation of their agreement with Apple to sell them to someone else for resale. Anyone can sell used parts culled/repaired from old equipment. And one can buy and sell 3rd party compatible parts, just make sure there is no Apple logo's etc on them.

So.....

Assuming your not an ASP, how are you getting new Apple screens? Also, in my book there is no such thing as 90% new. Either it's new or it's not. So I'd do what others do, use a grading system, say A B and C, with a description for each. And maybe pictures or a short video clip as well.

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. That really helped. I import these parts from China. LCD screens are new in all conditions. However, the metal housing is in different conditions and sold under different condition 95%, 90%, etc.

I actually started with the Grading condition first but changed it to percentage after. However, now I can see that your suggestion is better than what I chose and I will go back to it. It will be a lot of work to redo them but I have to do it.

The only part I am confused about is the landing page drill down. Do you mean I should do it like this?

MacBook Pro 2015 > 13"
MacBook Pro 2014 > 13"
or
MacBook Pro > 13" 2015
MacBook Pro > 13" 2014
or
MacBook Pro > 2015 > 13"
MacBook Pro > 2014 > 13"
or
MacBook Pro > 2015 > 13"
MacBook Pro > 2015 > 15"
MacBook Pro > 2014 > 13"
MacBook Pro > 2014> 15"

Or did you mean do it another way?

Thanks,

Ron

I'd do the last example you have. So model (MB Air), year (2013), screen size (13).

The reason why I would not use the percent method is that implies some kind of numerical based accuracy. You can do that for something like tires, where a measured tread depth is a percentage of original or hours/miles used vs service life. Can't really do that with cosmetic things like appearance.

Need to be careful about the whole buying OEM compatible products from China. As long as the back, bezel, cables, etc are original or generic and not Apple labeled knock offs you should not have any issues. As long as you don't lead people to believe they are buying real Apple parts. They are buying parts that are compatible with the patient. People that misrepresent this do get the wrong kind of attention if they manage to show up on the OEM's radar.

Need to be careful about the whole buying OEM compatible products from China. As long as the back, bezel, cables, etc are original or generic and not Apple labeled knock offs you should not have any issues. As long as you don't lead people to believe they are buying real Apple parts. They are buying parts that are compatible with the patient. People that misrepresent this do get the wrong kind of attention if they manage to show up on the OEM's radar.

I have been buying third party Apple compatible replacement parts (iPad, iPhone, MacBook, iMac) for a very long time now. I have used many suppliers locally, in US and international and some were good and most were horrible suppliers. I have used this supplier for about 8 years now. They are not prefect but much much better than many in the past.

Most my clients are repair shops that have been buying from me and they all know these are not OEM. It is common knowledge that no regular online supplier or local supplier sells OEM and most that claim they sell OEM are either lying or selling refurbs.

None of my listings on my site or on eBay or Amazon say that I sell OEM either. They say it is compatible. That is what Google Shopping requires as well. With regards to the Apple logo, there is no way for me to get these screens without an Apple logo on them. I don't even think they are available for sale and if they were no one would buy them anyways.

However, one thing I can say is that the quality for these parts are one of the best I have seen and that is why I use them for our own repairs. I have been very happy with them so far.

Thank you for your help.

Ron

I'd do the last example you have. So model (MB Air), year (2013), screen size (13).

The reason why I would not use the percent method is that implies some kind of numerical based accuracy. You can do that for something like tires, where a measured tread depth is a percentage of original or hours/miles used vs service life. Can't really do that with cosmetic things like appearance.

Well I moved away from percent level to grade a, b, c and it was a total failure. My sales went to zero. Looks like I have to move back to the old style.

Back