Multiple Domains

Tech Savvy

Reaction score
Hello again!
I am in the process of developing a website for a client. I am outsourcing the design and everything, but I have a question as far as SEO goes (Warning: I am definitely NOT an SEO expert). The content of the site will be written by SEO guys, but I am curious on the SEO effect of purchasing multiple domains:

<MY TOWN><SERVICE>.com for example: NewYorkCityComputerRepair.com

This isnt the domain I'm thinking about doing, but domains like that. How are these supposed to be setup in order for it to positively affect SEO? 301 Redirects? Or do I make the style of the site the same, but populate the content with localized keywords? If different content, how is that any different from adding individual pages on the main site (mycompanyname.com)?

As always, thanks for all your help ladies and gents!

Hello,
I am in Web Design and Development business. HTML/CSS/JS/PHP. Wordpress. To have a domain like in your example is a big plus. Google will get to the domain name first. Content on pages should be relevant. I would definitely concentrate on local exposure from jump street. Blogging, social networks will bring your SEO up. To build SEO takes a long time if you want to be on the top of the Google Search.

Back