Votes: 90 18.0%
  • 51 - 60

Votes: 64 12.8%
  • 61 +

Votes: 27 5.4%
  • 70+

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters
I'm a millenial too, but I think you might be being a little unfair to our generation ;) I'd say we're pretty ambitious overall. Here's an article by the Guardian that debunks some myths, in case anyone's interested (gotta defend millenials a bit haha)

43. When I was in College, the PCs had twin 3.5" floppies: one for your programme, one for your data. And rainbows were in black and white back then.

Reactions: CLC
45! When I started in IT I was using a green screen dumb terminal. The place i worked at then purchased a Viglen PC with Windows - can't remember the version but was very early. We had to request time to use it. How things have changed, now nearly everyone has computers on their desks.

I'm still in the 21-30 age bracket but getting closer to 30. Just 1.5 years to go. Joined here when I was 21.

I can personally attest that the old saying "things get better when you get older" is an absolute lie.

If we're talking "of the body," I am in absolute agreement. If we're talking about "of the psyche/spirit/sense of self," not so much.

I only really became completely comfortable in my own skin once I hit 50, and even with the bodily decline that keeps coming with age, unless I could keep the personal growth that comes with it, you couldn't pay me to go back to being 25 again for any amount of money.

I've moved up a bracket too. I'll be 32 in March. I voted in the 18-30 bracket probably when I was 22/23.

If we're talking "of the body," I am in absolute agreement. If we're talking about "of the psyche/spirit/sense of self," not so much.

I only really became completely comfortable in my own skin once I hit 50, and even with the bodily decline that keeps coming with age, unless I could keep the personal growth that comes with it, you couldn't pay me to go back to being 25 again for any amount of money.
Yeah, definitely the chassis.

I have an incurable, indolent blood cancer, multiple autoimmune disorders and wasn't suppose to get this far in life. I'm looking forward to celebrating my 69th birthday in 2 months. I am utterly grateful, especially to be doing the job I longed for since I was in my 30's.

Plus - y'all are youngin's. 🙋‍♀️

Back