Looking for lost feature

HCHTech

Reaction score
Our Splashtop subscription is coming due in August and I'd like to make sure there isn't something better out there. I LOVE the pricing, we used to be with Logmein Rescue, but jumped ship after the 2nd significant price increase in as many years.

There is one feature that Logmein had, though, that Splashtop does not, and I surely miss it.

When you started a remote session with Logmein, there was a prompt where you could enter some session-specific notes. Then at the end of the month, I could print a report of all sessions for the month and it showed those notes with each session. We used them to record the client name, ticket number and a short description of the problem. At month end, I would review this report and compare it to our invoices to make sure we hadn't missed anything, as well as sometimes delete an invoice before sending because we were fixing a mistake we made. We used Logmein for a long time and having that report was very easy to get used to.

Splashtop does not allow you this luxury. You can run the log report at the end of the month (although you can't choose "all sessions this month", you have to choose either "last 30 days" or "last 60 days"), but it only discloses session time, remote IP address, and remote machine name.

For those that use other products, do any of them have this feature?

Note, we are on Solarwinds, and for any client on that product we use Take Control, which has a great month-end report. We only use Splashtop for one-off remotes with customers not on Solarwinds. It's still quite a few sessions per month, though. We had 75 sessions on it this month.

Last edited:
Back