LogMeIn Pricing - Logmein Central price changes again 1000% increase for some

I've been using iDrive's Remote PC lately on a couple PCs. Good file transfer and control. They're currently doing 90% off, and I'm using the Consumer/SOHO license, which 'shares' device names on any installed PC, so I'm curious about group controls in Pro/Enterprise. At 50 bucks for a year (and 500 after), it's definitely a contender with LMI in my book.

Thank you for the info! Just a question, is there a computer limit? I would need at least 150-200 Computers

Highly recommend Screenconnect. It does everything you mention and you'll find a whole lot more besides. My favourite is running shell commands in bulk. For example, I disjoined 120 PCs from one domain and joined them to a new one, in 10 minutes, remotely. It's very reasonably priced too.

Teamviewer has done away with the perpetual license as of the latest v13 (still in beta but clients are upgrading to it) and have moved to a subscription model that they say monthly but you still pay by the year. I saw about a $120 increase over the old license method when I had to finally upgrade this week from v12.

Highly recommend Screenconnect. It does everything you mention and you'll find a whole lot more besides. My favourite is running shell commands in bulk. For example, I disjoined 120 PCs from one domain and joined them to a new one, in 10 minutes, remotely. It's very reasonably priced too.

What is an access agent? Is that the software installed on the remote computer to provide incoming remote connections?

Looking at the pricing for example on the free account it says 3 access agents. Does that mean you can only have access to 3 remote computers?

Im using teamviewer right now and I have about 30 remote computers on my list.

Thank you for the info! Just a question, is there a computer limit? I would need at least 150-200 Computers
Apparently you need a custom quote for more than 100. Up to 100 is 50/500 after the sale. Maybe not as competitive as I first thought.

So for those using screen connect what advantages does it have over Teamviewer if any?

BTW --- answered my own question on the 'access agent'.

Another vote for ScreenConnect. I got in before they were bought out and had a price big price increase. Cool of them to honor their old pricing for those grandfathered in. Recently bought an additional seat. I use the self-hosted ScreenConnect. Pay $5 / month to a VPS hosting company to run it. I bought two licenses from ScreenConnect. That means I can control two different computers at the same time. I can have it installed on as many hosts (customer PCs) as I want, no limit.

I'll have to have another look at Screenconnect. Last time I checked it was extremely clunky with an awful GUI and buggy as hell!

Has ScreenConnect/ConnectWise always had a free tier? I've never seen it advertised before and it may well be enough for my needs.

The biggest problem is the upheaval in actually changing systems, of course.

What is an access agent? Is that the software installed on the remote computer to provide incoming remote connections?

Looking at the pricing for example on the free account it says 3 access agents. Does that mean you can only have access to 3 remote computers?

Im using teamviewer right now and I have about 30 remote computers on my list.
Sorry, only just spotted your Q. I'm not sure about their terminology as regards what constitutes an access agent. But I can tell you I pay ballpark €500 PA (less probably) and I have always-on access to hundreds of endpoints, have multiple concurrent sessions (have used up to 6 concurrently) and also have ad hoc support sessions with multiple ways for the remote user to let me connect. The only limit is that while I can set up multiple technician accounts, only one can be in remote session concurrently (although that user can control multiple machines). For more concurrent users, I'd need to buy more licenses, although they're relatively inexpensive. However, if you're coming from LMI, everything seems inexpensive, relatively.

Back