LiteManager remote access/support software

Reaction score
LiteManager Pro/Free alternative for TeamViewer, Dameware and other.

Free for up to 30 PC for home and business use. If need more $10 per PC or $300 HelpDesk license.
Licensing policy for LiteManager is one of the most flexible, lifetime license and technicians unlimited.

Site: litemanager.com

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
main_big.png

Screenshots.

Pricing.
Licensing policy for LiteManager is one of the most flexible, lifetime license and technicians unlimited.

Standard license, the cost of LiteManager is calculated based on the number of required licenses,
1 license and more $10
50 license and more $9
100 license and more $8
300 license and more $7
1000 license and more $5000 (Unlimited license)

HelpDesk license, based on the number of active channels (connections), the number of server and client modules is not limited.
1 channel $300

perpetual license and all updates and upgrades is free.
Information for purchase

Last edited:
sorry, please explain your question?
Either companies are jacking up their prices (Logmein) or they're getting acquired and the price jump soon follows (ScreenConnect). I think a truly free or low cost - for small businesses - self-hosted alternative would help keep prices competitive.

What I'm saying about self hosted is that the remote support 'server' software is in house, as on a businesses local server instead of bouncing to an outside server before it gets to client side.

I'll use my business and LiteManager Co. as an example.

Currently its like: Tech <------- < LiteManager's Server > --------> Client - not self-hosted
It needs to be: Tech < -------- < Your PCMD's Server > -------> Client - self-hosted

What I'm saying about self hosted is that the remote support 'server' software is in house, as on a businesses local server instead of bouncing to an outside server before it gets to client side.

I haven't downloaded or tested it, but looking through the documentation linked from the previous thread it appears that you set up the "NOIP" server and can then provide the address of that server in the endpoint software, so it probably doesn't have to connect out to servers that LiteManager is running.

I remember testing this out before, and it seemed really similar to Remote Utilities, how come it is so similar?

I haven't downloaded or tested it, but looking through the documentation linked from the previous thread it appears that you set up the "NOIP" server and can then provide the address of that server in the endpoint software, so it probably doesn't have to connect out to servers that LiteManager is running.
If I understand you correct, NOIP does't provide IP address for servers (remote PC), NOIP work like brige or router linking Viewers and servers.
It looks like this

Viewers <-- > NOIP <--> Servers
All data transfer through NOIP

NOIP provide access to all servers that is connected to it, through NAT and firewall.

Either companies are jacking up their prices (Logmein) or they're getting acquired and the price jump soon follows (ScreenConnect). I think a truly free or low cost - for small businesses - self-hosted alternative would help keep prices competitive.
We don't have plans to change our license policy and price.

Yes, LiteManager don't need outside servers. Use direct IP connection or if need setup your own ID router.

Client - self-hosted, perhaps meant Quick support mode

Last edited:
If I understand you correct, NOIP does't provide IP address for servers (remote PC), NOIP work like brige or router linking Viewers and servers.

I think we're having language issues - while technically the end-user systems being controlled are "servers," the typical usage in English would probably call them "endpoints" or something similar. A "server" for this kind of system would be equipment owned and managed by LiteManager - this would also be called a "hosted" solution. "Viewer" is probably fine for the technician or the person remotely controlling a PC.

I'll use ScreenConnect as an example since they're a competitor that I expect you're familiar with. They have two options that you can purchase - a monthly-price "hosted" version where it's Viewer <---> ScreenConnect Server <---> Endpoint or a self-hosted or "on-premises" version where they provide software and it's Viewer <---> Self-Hosted Server <---> Endpoint.

For LiteManager, I think that your NOIP software is acting as the "Self-Hosted Server."

For LiteManager, I think that your NOIP software is acting as the "Self-Hosted Server."
Thats what I was thinking, However, I downloaded LM and tried it out with NOIP. I don't think that's the case. I have 2 machines connected to the same switch. Using FileZilla server on one and client on the other, direct connect I moved a 500mb file across with 65M/bps. Fired up LM, moved same file from Host to Client at only 14M/bps, which is what happens when it routes outside the LAN to an outside server then back to the client machine. Leading me to think it is not self hosted.

I've played with this before. It's clunky in some areas, and I had trouble getting through a firewalled network. I don't know if I could get it to do NAT traversal if I played with it more. But because other solutions were easier to set up and breeze right through the firewall, I moved on.

Perhaps problem in default port 5651,
usually other software use one of standard port 25, 80

If need you can change port in LiteManager.

I was just about to buy Teamviewer when I saw LiteManager.
I like the extra background items. Like being able to run a command or use the task manager without going through the client's GUI.

My situation is I have many off-site residential customers that from time to time need remote help.
Teamviewer is easy for them to download and install.
Then all they have to do is give me the ID number and I'm in.

Anyone know hard/easy LiteManager is in the same situation?
I've been through the documentation and it's not clear how this situation is handled.

Thanks
John

I was just about to buy Teamviewer when I saw LiteManager.
I like the extra background items. Like being able to run a command or use the task manager without going through the client's GUI.

My situation is I have many off-site residential customers that from time to time need remote help.
Teamviewer is easy for them to download and install.
Then all they have to do is give me the ID number and I'm in.

Anyone know hard/easy LiteManager is in the same situation?
I've been through the documentation and it's not clear how this situation is handled.

Thanks
John
LiteManager is mostly similar to TeamViewer, it is very easy to use, just look at QuickSupport mode in it

support_main.png

It is possible to setup your own Id router and give your logo image, ID or password
http://www.litemanager.com/support/help_en/quick_support/

Hi!
I just would like to inform, new version of LiteManager 4.8 has been released.

New Litemanager 4.8 via global chat jabber trough NOIP. New Teacher mode for testing pupils and file distribution and collection.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

LiteManager Pro giveaway, 1 free lifetime license key

93A0396323449F1d7364dE6c9e75c39F3U2JhhQDRKyhFM3SYVUc+IoYy5d4UQHtzTbcziw0cp0=

Giveaway page

This is a lifetime license for 1 computer for home and business use.
It is possible delete contact from Viewers list and add another one connection.
Unlimited registration. Upgrades is free.
Free technical support.

Enjoy)

PS

Giveaway action! (Time limited)
Make a review about LiteManager on G2Crowd or Capterra and get free key for 10 licenses.

Just your objective opinion, before writing contact to us support@litemanager.com

Last edited:
Hey Denis. Not sure if you've noticed that the wording on one of the images of LiteManager shown on your website (the one showing the Additional tab) has the word "conputer" instead of "computer."
Doesn't look professional. ;):)

Back