Is this a bad drive?

ell

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 3 yr old toshiba with bsod issues. It was rebooting on its own before bios, and bsod, I pulled the hd and it runs fine then but I thought I'd try an old tool on the drive, does this pic suggest drive delays? I did the block error scan and it was all good. Never-mind, I found the burst rate is lower than the max transfer rate, its bad.

Attachments

• HDTune_Benchmark_TOSHIBA_MK6465GSX.jpg
    HDTune_Benchmark_TOSHIBA_MK6465GSX.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
It was rebooting on its own before bios, and bsod, I pulled the hd and it runs fine bad.

Since the system works when removing the drive, it could be that the drive is faulty and causing an early termination of the boot sequence and removing it corrected the issue.

Hook the drive up to another computer and try reading some files off of it or imaging it. If imaging the drive fails then the drive may be bad.

On the other hand, it could be the the HDD needed to be reseated in the laptop drive bay..ie bad connection

Try sticking the drive back in. It wouldn't hurt to test for possible power problem. Maybe try without the battery and make sure the output of the charge is at spec.

Since the system works when removing the drive, it could be that the drive is faulty and causing an early termination of the boot sequence and removing it corrected the issue.

Hook the drive up to another computer and try reading some files off of it or imaging it. If imaging the drive fails then the drive may be bad.

On the other hand, it could be the the HDD needed to be reseated in the laptop drive bay..ie bad connection

Try sticking the drive back in. It wouldn't hurt to test for possible power problem. Maybe try without the battery and make sure the output of the charge is at spec.

Thanks for your suggestions, after looking up what the hdtune image meant, then slaving and testing further the drive was indeed bad, luckily he had already done a backup.

Back