iphone transfer

pcpete

Reaction score
I has a person asking about doing a complete tranfer of her iphone stuff. The original person just has her log into icloud to get the basic. he is missing stuff like app data and text messages. Can we backup her original phone , then restore it completely to the new one? Is there a more standard way of doing this

Did you use iTunes to do a full backup? You can even transfer between iPhones directly when setting up the new one

I've had good luck with MobiMover in the past with this sort of thing. The current free version may or may not do all that you're looking for, but if I recall correctly the paid version is very reasonable. For me, iTunes has been hit or miss and it seems to want to install all sorts of garbage on the computer.

I've had good luck with MobiMover in the past with this sort of thing. The current free version may or may not do all that you're looking for, but if I recall correctly the paid version is very reasonable. For me, iTunes has been hit or miss and it seems to want to install all sorts of garbage on the computer.

iTunes installing garbage? Sorry you must be mistaken

Yep on a PC. In particular Apple Software Updater and Bonjour, neither of which I asked for or need for tasks at hand... I've learned that I can open the iTunes installer with 7zip and extract/install ONLY the base software which will do what I need in the vast majority of cases.

Have the old iphone on the same wifi as the new iphone and Bluetooth on.
If the new phone has already been setup then erase all content and settings.
Then bring the old phone next to the new one and it should prompt you to setup the new iPhone. Follow that through and transfer the data directly and that should do it.
I just did two iPhones the other day and the new ones are now exactly the same as the old ones, with all apps, data etc.

Well it clearly installs iTunes, which is absolute garbage, so I don't see the mistake?

In you are unlucky you may also find other garbage such as "iCloud for Windows"

don t see what you are talking about... either way I use iCloud backups on my iPhones

Back