Goodbye OS/2 - I hardly knew you..

Anyone else remember the BNC connectors on a 10 base 2 network? Ahhh - Those weren't the days but at least we had a network.

Anyone else remember the BNC connectors on a 10 base 2 network? Ahhh - Those weren't the days but at least we had a network.

Yup, back in the DOS/Win3 days, we usually used Artisoft LANtastic network kits. Intel EtherPro 10 ISA NICs ...with those t-bars and terminator caps....ugh!

I set up hundreds and hundreds of these boxes....
LANTASTIC-Network-Software-Version-70-by-Artisoft.webp

I did a lot on the OS/2 system back in 1983-84. Mine was built into a horseshoe shaped desk and I was at it nearly 8 hours a day. I had an IBM Selectric III on a table behind me. Back then, these were state of the art. Haven't given either of them a thought in many years....... lol

Mine was used primarily for word processing and spreadsheets using the original Lotus 1-2-3. I still have Lotus 1-2-3 floppies and the instruction book somewhere. :)
OS2.jpg

Attachments

• IBM.jpg
    IBM.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
IBM PS/2 My first 2 computers with HDD $15,000 ea back in 87 here in NZ, had an AMAZINGLY HUGEEEEEEEEEEE 5Mb HDD that we would never need to replace, and and even more amazing 16 colour monitor. Love them great Architecture. Why did people always feel the need to remove the terminators from the end of network runs?

If you ever worked on an Executone or Inter-Tel PBX, the voicemail cards ran on OS/2 Warp. Those things were a trip, I don't miss them.

Back