[REQUEST] Easiest way to move files from time machine backup to pc

ell

Reaction score
Hi, I don't do much mac stuff, I have a client with a dead mac but has a time machine backup on a external that he would like the files moved to a new windows pc. I'm an avid Fab's user, but I know this won't work. What is the simplest way to accomplish this? thanks!

As it's not encrypted you have a couple of options as it's just a series of files, folders, and links. You can use HFS Explorer with the drive hooked up. You can also use data recovery software but the free/trial versions of those have size limits. According to @lcoughey RStudio can decrypt Apple encrypted volumes.

As it's not encrypted you have a couple of options as it's just a series of files, folders, and links. You can use HFS Explorer with the drive hooked up. You can also use data recovery software but the free/trial versions of those have size limits. According to @lcoughey RStudio can decrypt Apple encrypted volumes.
thanks Mark, I tested using my hackintosh and copying the data over to a exfat formatted ext drive, but HFS Explorer looks much quicker!

You may want to consider buying a good NTFS driver for the Mac. I bought and use Paragon NTFS for Mac.

Paragon_NTFS_for_Mac_2018-09-01_12-42-10.png

Back