Basic Computer Skills Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Mr. Ingram's Computer Repair & Shoppe submitted a new resource:

Basic Computer Skills Videos - Easy to follow basic Windows 10 tutorial videos

I have taken the extra time this pandemic has given me and started pushing out short videos on how to do 1 basic task within Windows 10. The idea for the videos is to solve a users problem with no-fluff, ads, or not-needed information. The videos would either be found by people searching for them, but the main use-case I see is for techy people to add links in their emials showing their customer what to do.

I have 50 videos in the pipeline and attempting to release 1-a-day to see what the...

Read more about this resource...

I would not give this one to any client. That takes away work from us. It also will cause issues with computers on a MSP plan or with complicated software or system settings.
Clients will use it to avoid a service call and attempt to fix their issues without really knowing the consequences even with plain warnings.

How To Reset Windows 10 to Factory

Last edited:
I would not give this one to any client. That takes away work from us. It also will cause issues with computers on a MSP plan or with complicated software or system settings.
Clients will use it to avoid a service call and attempt to fix their issues without really knowing the consequences even with plain warnings.

How To Reset Windows 10 to Factory
very true, for the most part. But the video would be useful for a client that wants to donate their computer.

As for taking away work for us, I don't really have an argument. I only charge $20 to do what's in the video, so eh :confused:

But the video would be useful for a client that wants to donate their computer.
But they are not the only ones that will use it to avoid a service call.
I only charge $20 to do what's in the video, so eh
Many of us here would charge more than that including myself.
I ask if they are donating it to a family or friend who needs a computer if so it is a full nuke and pave/setup for me.
If donating to Goodwill or other charity in most cases I would format the drive and leave no OS on it.
In some cases, I would instruct the steps from your video.

But they are not the only ones that will use it to avoid a service call.
Then it's the wrong video for the job, don't hammer a screw XD any video can be followed incorrectly.

Many of us here would charge more than that including myself.
yeahhhh, I'm not gonna talk more about money. We all charge what we believe to be appropriate for our market.

In some cases, I would instruct the steps from your video.
This is what they are for. I'm not going to be making a 1 minute video on a nuke-n-pave... thats unreasonable for a non-techy to know how to do. Like me knowing how to align my car tires XD

All I'm trying to do is pump out videos showing different features of Windows 10 and what they do. Essentially an instruction manual for the OS

All I'm trying to do is pump out videos showing different features of Windows 10 and what they do. Essentially an instruction manual for the OS
My only"issue" was
but the main use-case I see is for techy people to add links in their emails showing their customer what to do.
Why would someone give a link like that to a client or possible client except if you want to make them go away and not bother you for service.
yeahhhh, I'm not gonna talk more about money. We all charge what we believe to be appropriate for our market.
I believe the same as well.

<3

the next week of videos is already scheduled for release, and are much more basic, like background and colors, and seeing what Win10 build you are running. Windows changes fast enough I'll always have some button or toggle switch to explain XD
Those are great ideas. It was the reset video so far that I personally had issues with. Not in general but in regards to shop owners linking to it.
Work for some is slim and we dont need to give clients a way to bypass our services.
It is bad enough when they find that function on their own and cry to us when they lost stuff and get upset when without an image backup they are SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back