Anyone else with issues with customers Godaddy Email not connecting to server?

Knightsman

Reaction score
I have three different clients, all using Godaddy e-mail. They seem to constantly have issues connecting to Godaddy, typically its the smtpout. Will say the server rejected the credentials.

Has been going on the past couple of weeks, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I have had similar problems with one of my clients.
3 users using Outlook for Mac having connection problems intermittently

If this is outbound/smtp see if they are using port 25, if so have them switch to 587 to see if that's better. Some places use other ports like 2525.

Godaddy might be tweaking port 25 to prevent attacks and your customers smtp handshake might be failing due to a timing issue, bad HELO, etc.

I have three different clients, all using Godaddy e-mail. They seem to constantly have issues connecting to Godaddy, typically its the smtpout. Will say the server rejected the credentials.

Has been going on the past couple of weeks, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

When you say "credentials", are you referring to a user name/password or a certificate of authority? The reason I ask is because some AV programs (that scan incoming and outgoing emails) are required to interject a certificate of authority to get through the server authentication/validation process and some people using Avast 8 are getting an invalid certificate response. If that is the case, I can help you fix that problem.

Last edited:
If this is outbound/smtp see if they are using port 25, if so have them switch to 587 to see if that's better. Some places use other ports like 2525.

Godaddy might be tweaking port 25 to prevent attacks and your customers smtp handshake might be failing due to a timing issue, bad HELO, etc.

I always set them on port 80. Ill try 587 anyways to see if it helps. But I have experienced it will all of Godaddys default ports, 25, 80, 3535 and SSl 465

When you say "credentials", are you referring to a user name/password or a certificate of authority? The reason I ask is because some AV programs (that scan incoming and outgoing emails) are required to interject a certificate of authority to get through the server authentication/validation process and some people using Avast 8 are getting an invalid certificate response. If that is the case, I can help you fix that problem.

They are all using Kaspersky Internet Security, so wondering If that could be doing the same thing. The spam blocker add on is disabled. Ill look into that, could very well be whats going on. What was your fix with avast?

I always set them on port 80. Ill try 587 anyways to see if it helps. But I have experienced it will all of Godaddys default ports, 25, 80, 3535 and SSl 465

80 is the HTTP protocol port, don't think that would work, but if it does for you then what the heck.

What was your fix with avast?

It is not a simple fix (like setting an option) so check with them and find out exactly what is causing the rejection. So, if it is just a user name/password thing, make sure they are using the correct ports (as previously suggested); however, if they are using the email provider to do a pass-thru query to gmail (or some other provider), the port requirements may be different for each.

My problems are with Outlook for Mac, The accounts have been operational for over 2 years, so it does not appear to be a port issue.

And no AV installed, so that's not it.

This is just an ongoing issue with Godaddy and imap. If you speak to their support, they don't have an answer or will not acknowledge it's a problem, yet there are lots of user complaints over the years.

I've encountered this issue quite a bit, the only reliable fix I've found is to migrate the email hosting to a different provider, I go with either Google Apps or Office 365 Exchange. After the switch the email problems go away.

I've encountered this issue quite a bit, the only reliable fix I've found is to migrate the email hosting to a different provider, I go with either Google Apps or Office 365 Exchange. After the switch the email problems go away.
THIS^^^^
and godaddy will be happy when you do. They have no love for the email hosting part of the business. They are happy with the domain sales and site hosting. On several occasions they have encouraged me to move clients to gmail and make it very easy to do.

I couldn't agree more. Already started the transition over over to 365. Can't wait for it to happen.

I have a couple clients having this having this issue since last Wednesday. It is an issue with pop email according to godaddy. They told me why are they not using imap. I said because we want to use pop. They to me I should switch them to imap. We are waiting for the fix.

Just use the ISP's out going mail server. Issue resolved!! BTW, when it's asking for "credentials" outlook is hitting the mail server, the mail server is not accepting the user name and password. I have also seen many times the outlook profile fail to have any user/password within the out going mail server filed. (GoDaddy does require Auth. when sending out)..

So, please make sure the user/password is correct (just retype them)

I have a couple clients having this having this issue since last Wednesday. It is an issue with pop email according to godaddy. They told me why are they not using imap. I said because we want to use pop. They to me I should switch them to imap. We are waiting for the fix.

Yeah seems like Go daddy is having major issues. Yesterday and today they said they were working on bit still.

Back