You might run into these bugs after installing KB5004237

That's the I love about this type of article: lack of sample size.

I cannot count the number of issues that I've encountered over the years that were portrayed as "bugs" that were anything but.

In the billions of machines out there all sorts of subtle corruptions can and do occur. Those are often revealed, at some point, when an update is applied that begins using a path that had previously been unused. But those sorts of failures are not bugs.

Real bugs will hit a very significant number of users up through all of them. If even 10K machines of the embedded Windows base have some sort of issue, probably very few of which are the same issue, that isn't the result of what should be called a bug. They're idiosyncratic failures tied directly to the machines in question. They happen, they have always happened, they will always happen - and not only under Windows, I might add.

Just as one swallow does not a summer make, one user reporting a problem after an update that seems to be specific to them does not a bug make.

That's the I love about this type of article: lack of sample size.

I cannot count the number of issues that I've encountered over the years that were portrayed as "bugs" that were anything but.

In the billions of machines out there all sorts of subtle corruptions can and do occur. Those are often revealed, at some point, when an update is applied that begins using a path that had previously been unused. But those sorts of failures are not bugs.

Real bugs will hit a very significant number of users up through all of them. If even 10K machines of the embedded Windows base have some sort of issue, probably very few of which are the same issue, that isn't the result of what should be called a bug. They're idiosyncratic failures tied directly to the machines in question. They happen, they have always happened, they will always happen - and not only under Windows, I might add.

Just as one swallow does not a summer make, one user reporting a problem after an update that seems to be specific to them does not a bug make.
Sounds like a parallel to the Covid vaccine issues.

Sounds like a parallel to the Covid vaccine issues.

I wouldn't say so simply because the incredibly small numbers there were reported as just that: incredibly small numbers.

It was also abundantly clear, and noted as such, that the number of occurrences was so small, and the probability of any one of the reported really bad side effects was so tiny, that avoiding the vaccine(s) makes no sense. It would be akin to standing in the middle of I-81 (near me, and a huge trucking route) worrying about whether you were going to be killed by malaria rather than the trucks hurtling toward and past you before you manage to get off.

I actually find it quite pitiful, and not in any way specifically related to Covid, just how bad people in general are as far as being able to do realistic risk assessments. They'll gleefully engage in activities/behaviors (some pretty essential, like driving) that are far, far, far higher in risk than stuff, like getting a Covid vaccine (but not only that), which they actively avoid because of a probability of issues that comes so close to zero as to effectively be zero.

The probability of death or significant injury if something goes wrong is not what to look at. What to look at is the probability of something going wrong to begin with. I fully expect I'd end up dead if an airliner I were flying on were to crash. But the probability of an airliner crashing is just infinitesimally small compared with me having, say, an automobile accident, or falling down my steps, etc.

Last edited:
It is all about the hardware and software combination does not effect every machine also notice printers effected are specific models.

Back