Windows Threshold

so what they should do is keep making Windows 7 Ad infinitum. and just ignore the fact that Desktops and Laptops represent a shrinking number of sales.

It still amazes me how many people in this business are part of the flat earth society. I'm pretty sure if computer techs designed PCs we would still be using something that looked like Windows 3.1 or 95, and the computers would still be beige boxes, or bulky fire breathing dragons that got 5 minutes tops on battery.

Shrinking or not, still a huge number. I don't see the form factor going away anytime soon. Why force an interface on a large number users that they may not be able to use effectively?

And also, you say just make Windows 7 forever? Really man, what do you think Windows 8 and Windows 9 are or are going to be? Windows 7 tweaked with some UI changes and new features on top. Sure they tweak extra performance add things change some things.

But what I said was don't force change. Leave the options in there to have a classic look for example. Even XP had that back in the days after they started migrating from 2000 and below.

so what they should do is keep making Windows 7 Ad infinitum. and just ignore the fact that Desktops and Laptops represent a shrinking number of sales.

It still amazes me how many people in this business are part of the flat earth society. I'm pretty sure if computer techs designed PCs we would still be using something that looked like Windows 3.1 or 95, and the computers would still be beige boxes, or bulky fire breathing dragons that got 5 minutes tops on battery.

Troll much? No one is against change. We are against bad changes. The Windows 8 GUI is not a good GUI for desktop use and while sales of desktops are declining they still have valid uses in many environments. I use tablets and phones and I still heavily use a desktop. I'll even argue that Win 8 GUI is a bad one for tablets. And frankly except for the eye candy how much different is iOS vs Windows 3.1 or an old Palm Pilot?

Windows 8's GUI sucks because of the lack of intuitive clues on how to run it. Too many hidden features and too much scrolling.

Just because it is new does not make it better.

Troll much? No one is against change. We are against bad changes. The Windows 8 GUI is not a good GUI for desktop use and while sales of desktops are declining they still have valid uses in many environments. I use tablets and phones and I still heavily use a desktop. I'll even argue that Win 8 GUI is a bad one for tablets. And frankly except for the eye candy how much different is iOS vs Windows 3.1 or an old Palm Pilot?

Windows 8's GUI sucks because of the lack of intuitive clues on how to run it. Too many hidden features and too much scrolling.

Just because it is new does not make it better.

I'm not arguing that Windows 8 has problems, but thats not reason to throw the whole thing out and go back to a completely classic start menu.

Which is funny hearing about people yearning for the good old windows 7 days. Because I remember people *itching about how much they hated windows 7 and wanted their XP back.

I'm not arguing that Windows 8 has problems, but thats not reason to throw the whole thing out and go back to a completely classic start menu.

Which is funny hearing about people yearning for the good old windows 7 days. Because I remember people *itching about how much they hated windows 7 and wanted their XP back.

Yet in Windows 7 and XP you can turn your desktop back to a classic mode that looks alot like Windows 95. Can't do that with Windows 8.

Back