Windows 7 Pre-order

Any idea when "Joe SixPack" will start seeing 7 installed on new machines ?
Is anyone out there offering upgrades to 7 if they order now (dell, hp, etc.)?

Windows 7 is officially being released Oct. 22nd so I assume shortly after that. Since it's getting better reviews than Vista did, I imagine people will be more willing to install it than they were with Vista.

Windows 7 RTM

Windows 7 goes RTM (Release to Manufacturers) in mid-August so they can start building their images & working out any compatibility issues with their hardware & software packages. This gives them the time they need so when Windows 7 goes public on October 22nd, OEM machines with Windows 7 pre-installed will be ready to hit the retail shelves.

That sounds more understandable. Where do I go? I tried to search for it but the Microsoft page said the testing was over...

I've been running Win7 RC build 7100 for weeks now. It far exceeds Vista in performance, speed and user friendliness. Runs solid as a ROCK! Already did my pre order for all my systems and a few customers PC's too. MS Win7 will rock beyond customer receptivness.

Windows 7 RC

I've been running Win7 RC build 7100 for weeks now. It far exceeds Vista in performance, speed and user friendliness. Runs solid as a ROCK! Already did my pre order for all my systems and a few customers PC's too. MS Win7 will rock beyond customer receptivness.

I haven't had the opportunity to install it. I don't want to install it over my XP. I will install it separately.

What are your initial thoughts? :)

Back