Windows 11 roll out

Yeah... It's still frustrating though. We're all stuck working with vendors that are stubbornly reactive to market changes instead of taking even a moderate proactive approach.

Meanwhile, as MSPs were funded to BE proactive, so sitting back isn't an acceptable approach.

So with all the marketing hype surrounding Windows 11, these vendors are missing out on their own sales opportunities by simply updating their literature.

And until they do... in many cases we're just stuck. For my part, I'm handling it just like any other feature update, none of my machines will even see that update until 6 months after it's seen by Windows Update. That's via the very same GPO or registry controls I've been using to keep Windows 10 Feature Updates 1 iteration behind for years. Not even THOSE knobs changed.

So I'm hoping everyone gets that sooner rather than later. But I'm sure there will be hold outs... heck does Intuit even tell people they support server 2019 yet?

The only thing I don't like about Windows 11 is the "Mac like" task bar.
I guess it wont be long before there are a plethora of 3rd party tools that will change it back (if MS doesn't have a setting to do that anyway) or there may be a registry hack to restore the original look.

Other wise its just Windows with some new cloths.

We're all stuck working with vendors that are stubbornly reactive to market changes instead of taking even a moderate proactive approach.

'Twas ever thus.

I long ago made my peace with this, or I would have slit my wrists by now. It's just a fact of life that is very unlikely ever to change.

Back