Use Remote Desktop Connection WITHOUT logging off user

Is it just my suspicious, untrusting nature, or does this sound like something that could used for nefarious purposes without the unwitting realizing what is happening?

And to the OP, are you hourly or salaried?

Is it just my suspicious, untrusting nature, or does this sound like something that could used for nefarious purposes without the unwitting realizing what is happening?

That was exactly my thought as I considered it, and if management insists that there be no third-party software this should be something that's brought up - third-party software can be chosen so it has a solid audit trail, even going so far as saving video of sessions in some cases (e.g. ScreenConnect's extended auditing). Since ScreenConnect also offers their on-premise bundle to keep everything within the local network, it seems like a good starting point at least to compare other possible solutions against.

Frankly, choosing and implementing an appropriate product should also save money unless the IT group is overstaffed and you have otherwise idle time in which to do this - returning to ScreenConnect, it's a little over $2000, so compared to the salary of someone assigned to develop something it's not bad and in real use it'll probably pay for itself with usability and features in very short order compared to a homegrown solution.

Back