Ubiquiti Rocket Prism/Nanostation PTMPT issue

autumn

Reaction score
G day all

I can't seem to get traffic past the Nanostation on a PtMP link. The Rocket Prism and the Nanostation are talking to each other. The Nanostation is connected to a PoE injector which is then connected to a Dlink (unmanaged) switch. However I can't get any thing to talk (either way) from the Dlink switch to Nanostation or anything out. I ahve tried several laptops and there's a PVR (which is what I need talking). The devices have been tried with DHCP and Static IP's to no avail.

any suggestions would be appreciated at this point.
1661270282277.png
1661270344980.png

How about a dashboard screen shot showing signal and other details? Do the ethernet ports show gigabit connection on the dashboard?

Edit: Do both radios pull valid IP addresses when in DHCP? What is the Rocket lan port connected to?

Last edited:
If it's a PtMP....I take it the AP is currently talking to other downstream wireless bridges?
If not...if it's only going to be the Rocket and the Nano...set to PtP.

From the upstream side, if you plug a computer into the LAN that the Rocket is on...can you ping its IP..and get replies? If so...can you ping the IP of the Nano and get replies?

Thanks for the comments. alluseridsrejected and YeOldeStonecat

first of all, looks like an issue between the NanoStation and the switch, below is the Ethernet Report (left is Nano). Not sure why the Dlink is shown a link light, might be something to do with the PoE then. Will go out and check that.

pulling valid IP addresses for the radios, I'm not sure however they are taking to each other and upstream. NanoStation can ping out to the world and local network on the Rocket side.

AP talking to other bridges, well no not at the moment, trying to get this one working first. There are going to be others.

Pinging and replies from Rocket and Nano, yes from upstream I can ping and get relies from both. I am web interfacing to them from the server as I am off site at the moment. So the bridge is working just got something blocking it on the other side.

Being staring (banging my head against the wall) trying to work out this for a while

1661297178768.png

Thanks for the comments. alluseridsrejected and YeOldeStonecat

first of all, looks like an issue between the NanoStation and the switch, below is the Ethernet Report (left is Nano). Not sure why the Dlink is shown a link light, might be something to do with the PoE then. Will go out and check that.

pulling valid IP addresses for the radios, I'm not sure however they are taking to each other and upstream. NanoStation can ping out to the world and local network on the Rocket side.

AP talking to other bridges, well no not at the moment, trying to get this one working first. There are going to be others.

Pinging and replies from Rocket and Nano, yes from upstream I can ping and get relies from both. I am web interfacing to them from the server as I am off site at the moment. So the bridge is working just got something blocking it on the other side.

Being staring (banging my head against the wall) trying to work out this for a while

View attachment 13900
That is most likely a bad cable. Check and re-crimp the ends or use a new cable. If that doesn't work try a new POE. Is this a Nanostation 5AC Loco? In the US they never come with a POE included so is this the correct POE for the device? How long is the cable? A good cable should give you an estimated length.

Yep, tried different cables, now tried different PoE and also a different switch and nothing seems to be making a difference.

PoE's were purchased with the Nanostations and what was recommended so they should be fine.

Yep, tried different cables, now tried different PoE and also a different switch and nothing seems to be making a difference.

PoE's were purchased with the Nanostations and what was recommended so they should be fine.
What does your Network tab look like? Turn on advanced mode and make sure the ethernet port is not disabled for some reason. Here is a sample from one of my Network tabs:
Clipboard02.jpg

Make sure LAN0 is not disabled. Is your network role in bridge?

Back