Ubcd4win

The new version was released yesterday, there were some things added & some removed so it should still fit on a cd.
Ed

Thanks for the update!

And yea, The only thing I changed in my version was the wallpaper once XP was loaded. I think I'll probably end up changing the boot screen now too that you mention it.

Can it be put on usb flash drives ?

This has probably been asked before but can it be put on a usb flash drive at all or is it cd based only ?

Perhaps having it on flash drive would make it boot within seconds instead of waiting for 10 minutes. Also A vista and windows 7 version would be good as we need to keep up with the latest operating systems

Last edited:
This has probably been asked before but can it be put on a usb flash drive at all or is it cd based only ?

Perhaps having it on flash drive would make it boot within seconds instead of waiting for 10 minutes. Also A vista and windows 7 version would be good as we need to keep up with the latest operating systems

When creating the ISO click on the plugins tab, and there is an option to turn on USB setup.

Putting it on a flash drive is easy using this: http://www.ezpcfix.net/ubcd4win/UBUSB.exe
How ever don't expect it to boot faster, it actuall take the same if not a bit longer. However it once loaded it works faster than the CD. As for Vista version, I have used this on Vista systems and it worked fine, remember the operating system you are using is the one on the CD. I do mostly virus & spyware removal and it has worked on Vista systems with no problem.
Ed

Played around with the customization of ubcd4win yesterday. Here's what I changed, am I missing anything else that can be customized?

Change the Wallpaper when operating system boots:
Browse to C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\!Critical\UserSettings\Wallpaper
Open UBCD4WIN.jpg and edit it to your preference.

Change Keyboard Support to your country:
Browse to C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\!Critical\UserSettings\User-Settings.inf

Change the flash logo:
Browse to C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\bcdw\files
Edit the logo.gif file

Change the Boot Options:
C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\bcdw\files folder
bcdw_base.ini.
TopText to ------------YOUR COMPANY NAME---------------
BottomText to -------------ABOUT YOUR COMPANY----------------
AboutText to --------see h*tp://www.yourcompany.com for services and pricing---------
\i386\setupldr.bin ; Launch YOURCOMPANYNAME Repair

Is it possible to change the pre-shell by Joshua part?
Also the now loading... part?

Finally; how do I add my own programs to the desktop and/or start menu? I've added Acronis, but I have to browse to it on the cd to load it up.

...this may be part of the latter solution, although i haven't tested yet:
Open the acronis_nu2menu.xml in notepad and change line:
<MENU ID="Storage"> to <MENU ID="Programs">
and save.
Then build as normal and Acronis should show in main menu.
Hmm lets hope it works.

Hmm just tried miniPE. Boots in half the time. Wonder if it's editable? I've only got the iso image... darn.

UBCD4WIN Custom build burn to USB

Greetings,

I have built a custom CD/DVD and I've change a few things. I am having a problem though which now I am wanting to fix.

My CD/DVD works great and I removed the Ultimate Bood CD wording and added my own.

My problem is that I've tried different ways to make a USB from my build. The USB boots, however, it is not 100% my build. It does not contain the original UBCD and it does not what some of the changes.

Have any of you either burn your custom ISO to a USB or made it so your USB build looks like the one you created for CD/DVD?

One things I would like to change is that once it loads into the WinPE it says at the bottom
Now Launching . . . . The Ultimate Boot CD etc etc

Has anyone found how to change that?

Thank you

I don't know anything about making it to USB. But there are heaps of articles out about on it that I have read (haven't tried doin' it myself; no spare flash drives on hand atm)

I've only used UBCD4WIN a couple of times. I found it took AGEEESS to boot up (even Windows booted 10x quicker) But you would expect that from a bootable Windows environment :p

I couldn't get MBAM to scan my C: drive, it always wanted to scan the X: drive
And it was in another language.

And I added AutoRuns into the mix; but it was grayed out in the menu and wouldn't let me use it.

Any tutorials for adding our own Portable Apps to UBCD4WIN?

I read somewhere that MBAM is made to work a certain way so the quick scan will scan the host drive (X:\). I think I read it on the MBAM forum. I have launched UBCD4WIN on a PC with windows already running. when then sits on top of windows it will scan C:\

I've many articles on how to make the USB version. My problme is that it does not get built with my custom build.

I"ve added JKDefrag to it. The JKDefrag site has a version with the plug in.

Not sure how much you read on adding apps to UBCD4WIN but you have to build a plug in. I"ve come across plenty of examples but I never got into building my own plug ins.

Back