U.S. bans use of Kaspersky software in federal agencies amid concerns of Russian espionage

I love the way they try to play down the "NSA hacking tools" as if that justifies the NSA in some way!
Trying to make the NSA a "beacon" of scrupulousness!
One other question that bugs me is why were "Israeli government hackers" on the computers of a Moscow-based cybersecurity firm and no-one seems to see anything wrong with that despite the fact that they're blabbing to the NSA!

I love the way they try to play down the "NSA hacking tools" as if that justifies the NSA in some way!
Trying to make the NSA a "beacon" of scrupulousness!
One other question that bugs me is why were "Israeli government hackers" on the computers of a Moscow-based cybersecurity firm and no-one seems to see anything wrong with that despite the fact that they're blabbing to the NSA!

People expect governments to spy on each other. USA (NSA) spies on everyone. So does Israel (Mossad) and Russia (the Kremlin?). What comes as a shock is a private company spying on behalf on one of those entities. Everyone roundly dismissed the calls to ban Kaspersky from govt computers - now it looks as if that action was more than warranted.

The cognitive dissonance is so strong in some people that they refuse to fathom that their own government (who HAS been proven to spy on EVERYONE, INCLUDING IT'S OWN CITIZENS) could be telling them lies and fear mongering to gain support for yet another war. Even with the slew of evidence so freely available today that will confirm this, surely to be referred to as fake news within the next few posts in this thread :rolleyes: Not to mention that the DNC actually did influence the last election...But yeah...Russia.

upload_2017-10-13_7-4-9.png

https://www.globalresearch.ca/ameri...-time-222-out-of-239-years-since-1776/5565946

"America Has Been at War 93% of the Time – 222 out of 239 Years – Since 1776"

Speaking possibilities, most any antivirus sofware
1. Routinely accesses all files on all disks and does some complex processing on these files.
2. Routinely talks back to its servers, sending data to the servers.
3. Routinely pulls updates and modifies itself.
and all that perfectly legal without any hacking involved.

It is most likely possible to selectively feed updates - that is, have different updates for different machines, perhaps with a granularity down to the single machine. Therefore, a vendor can send an update, make an update scan for whatever information needed, send that information back, and then send a second update to remove the first one. Should not be impossible to implement. The same applies to operating systems as well, by the way, and probably some other classes of software but I can't think of any right now.

Reactions: GTP
Back