[REQUEST] Trouble with Conky

GTP

Reaction score
I just noticed that Conky is not showing any info for the network after the upgrade to Mint 18.2
As far as I can see nothing has changed in the config file but obviously something has.
I can't figure it out, so was wondering if anyone here could take a look at the code?
TIA

Code:
${color Black}eth0: ${color Black}$alignr${addr eth0}
${color Black}Down: ${color Black}${downspeed eth0}k/s ${alignr}${color Black}Up: ${color Black}${upspeed eth0}k/s
${downspeedgraph eth0 30,120 000000 Black} ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth0 30,120 000000 Black}$color
${color Black}Total:${color Black}${totaldown eth0} ${alignr}${color Black}Total:${color Black}${totalup eth0}

Like Rainmeter, Samurize, BGInfo etc for Windows only it's on Linux
Customised little desktop thingy that looks pretty, gives all sorts of information etc. Fun to play with, create your own or use/customise someone elses.
If you don't like Conky, there's Gkrellem, Screenlets, Desklets etc.
If your interested I'll explain more?

If you want to go "full retard" get into Compiz!
Check out Nixie's youtube vids!

Last edited:
installed conky on my debian machine just to find out if there's something wrong with your code snippet. Had to change the colors because of black background here. Worked like a charm, so I would say that the code snippet is okay.

Reactions: GTP
installed conky on my debian machine just to find out if there's something wrong with your code snippet. Had to change the colors because of black background here. Worked like a charm, so I would say that the code snippet is okay.
Now why didn't I think of doing that!
Thanks guy, I'll look further then. Thanks :)

Dunno. Maybe other compiling flags or just an other version of the program itself? Here are the output of my conky:
Code:
┌(%:~)┌- conky -v
Conky 1.9.0 compiled Wed Sep 10 07:10:42 UTC 2014 for Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 (x86_64)

Compiled in features:

System config file: /etc/conky/conky.conf
Package library path: /usr/lib/conky

X11:
  * Xdamage extension
  * XDBE (double buffer extension)
  * Xft
  * ARGB visual

Music detection:
  * MPD
  * MOC

General: