Transfer from Apple Mail (9.3) to Outlook 2016

ClickRight

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm trying to transfer mail from Apple Mail to Outlook 2016.

In the past I have setup a temporary IMAP account to facilitate this wand it has worked great.

This user, however, has HUGE store of mail folders, WAY to many to manually transfer over. Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to convert from Apple Mail to Outlook.

I recall Apple used to use MBOX files but not anymore?

Apple still uses mbox format. So just search for MBOX to PST converter, no recommendations here, and test. Personally I've only gone the other way, Outlook to Apple Mail, used PST Converter Pro for that. Worked very well. Thunderbird also has a export to PST feature so you could wash it through that. I've never used it on a large scale but the 3-4 small jobs I did seemed to work out ok. Personally I'd just do this one folder at a time rather than trying to do the whole store at once.

Let us know how things go.

You might check into Emailchemy, it'll read mbox and includes a local IMAP server. If it's just one user it should be economical enough.

Contacts tend to be a bit of a bitch-kitten though, as Apple allows rich text in the contacts and comments fields. When you try to import that into Outlook, you end up with a huge mess.

Is the account in question POP?

Last edited:
You might check into Emailchemy, it'll read mbox and includes a local IMAP server. If it's just one user it should be economical enough.

Contacts tend to be a bit of a bitch-kitten though, as Apple allows rich text in the contacts and comments fields. When you try to import that into Outlook, you end up with a huge mess.

Is the account in question POP?

Thanks, I'll check out Emailchemy.

His account was IMAP, however he chose to store a lot of messages on his computer in multiple folders. I would say there is about 150 folders and probably something like 150,000 emails.

Last week, I did successful migration from Apple Mail to Outlook 2016. However, I had tried the manual method, but it was tedious for me. Then I consulted a tech consultant, and he suggested to me try free demo version of Stellar MBOX to PST converter software.

Then I had downloaded free copy of demo from http://www.stellarinfo.com/email-tools/mbox-to-pst-converter.php

Right now, I am running Outlook 2016 with 4750 old emails of Apple Mail at Windows 10 PC.

Back