Toshiba C75D-B7100 BIOS Password reset

PCLAB

Reaction score
Hi

As the topic says, I need to clean the BIOS password on this Toshiba.
The usual removal of CMOS battery doesn't work.
I had another Toshiba a couple of weeks ago, that needed to short 2 points and this one should be the same.
The problem is that I can't find those points.
Does anyone knows which ones are they?

Thank You

Can you remove the cover for the RAM cards, uninstall the RAM, remove any stickers, and then post a high-resolution photo of the entire area?

The link you need moves around a bit between motherboard versions but it's usually easy to spot once you know what you're looking for.

Gere is a photo.
I have tried to short the points marked, but nothing...

Attachments

• IMG_20180217_191025.jpg
    IMG_20180217_191025.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 32
Those pins you highlighted looked promising.

Take a pic of the CMOS battery area. The reset jumpers are located next to the battery on some Toshiba's and others.

I'd really like to see what's under the paper label inside the RAM socket.

Yes. It's probably super-glued to the motherboard....which increases the odds that there is something important under there. ;) Based on your photo, though, I sure would have guessed the pads you highlighted were the right ones.

Disclaimer - I have not used this, please use at your own risk.

I have this tucked away in case I ever need to try it, if you can boot far enough to try it.

Invalidating the CMOS Checksum Manually
If you prefer to do it manually rather than relying on automated programs or the other tools like CMOS De-Animator aren’t working, it is possible to reset the BIOS password by using the debug.exe tool which will invalidate the CMOS checksum in a similar way to CMOS De-Animator. This can be achieved by typing two commands into the debug tool if you first boot up the computer in FreeDOS. Here are the instructions.

1. Install FreeDOS on a USB flash drive using Rufus or UNetbootin.

2. Download the debug.exe tool and save it to the root of your USB flash drive.

3. Boot up the computer with your USB flash drive and type the following commands: (take note that the second and third commands start with the letter O and not the number zero.)

debug
o 70 2E
o 71 FF
quit

debug-reset-bios.png

4. Restart your computer with Ctrl + Alt + Del and you should encounter an error message like “CMOS checksum error” which is normal. You can now access the CMOS setup without entering a password

Back