Took them long enough

It’s very interesting to see everyone’s different experiences here and on the antivirus thread.

Personally I love my macs. I have ran them exclusively for nearly 15 years and I don’t remember ever having issues with updates or functionality after updates etc, printers or anything. They have always “just worked” for me. I know that isn’t the case for everyone, just my own personal experiences.

I had a drive fail in one MacBook Pro and had a drive slow down to the point of being unusable in a Mac mini.

The Mac mini was 8.5 years old when I replaced it and the MacBook was I believe 5 years old.

The part that I hate, and maybe I am missing something, but with the update that caused blue screen on printing, even after uninstalling it and using Microsoft’s diagcab to “hide” the update, we still removed it from customers machines 2-4 times because it kept getting forced on them. Tried two other utilities to block them to no avail.

We are not MSP but I have friends that are and they said the only way to stop it was to block it in the RMM. That’s what pisses me off about Microsoft is when they make a mistake, they keep forcing it down your throat even though we made it clear we didn’t want the update.

Back