So Guys...I Just Subscribed to MSN Premium in 2021

sapphirescales

Reaction score
Microsoft killed the ability to sign up for @msn.com email addresses from their website a long, long time ago. A little known secret is that you can still sign up for an @msn.com email address through the old MSN program and if you subscribe to MSN Premium for a month you can sign up for up to 10 @msn.com email addresses! So why would you want to do this? Simple. @msn.com is easy to type and Microsoft killed the service so long ago that there are still lots of good email addresses left that haven't been taken. Basically anything that came out after they killed the service (movies, historical events, etc.) is available. Here are some fun email addresses that are available:

gameofthrones@msn.com
presidenttrump@msn.com
coronavirus@msn.com
windows10@msn.com
xboxone@msn.com
iphone@msn.com

I'm sure there are a lot more. If you're looking for something more practical then you can see if your first and last name is available. Surprisingly mine was! I also got my mom a nice email address. She signed up for her Gmail email address back in like...2007 maybe? I dunno. I do know that we were able to sign up when they were still in beta and she still wasn't able to get the email address she wanted (she had to use "luver" as part of it instead of "lover") but the "lover" version of it was available as a @msn.com email in 2021!

MSN Premium is $10/month so I signed up for one month just to register some @msn.com email addresses. It's amazing the stuff that's still available. I guess it makes sense. Back when they killed @msn emails there weren't even 1/2 as many people on the internet compared to now.

EDIT: On a side note doing this made me remember an old hotmail.com email address I used to have so I went to sign in and the password was just 5 numbers. No letters or special characters or anything! When I logged into my account it said the password was last changed back in 2007 lol. I decided to keep the password the same and just turn on 2FA. There's something magical about typing such a short, simple password. Even though I use a password manager now I just love the fact that I have such a short, simple password. I'll just make sure not to buy anything with this account lol.

Last edited:
But why tho I know you said why but still .. why tho
Because @msn.com is an easy and FREE email service with plenty of good names available. I don't get the confusion. Why wouldn't you want a good @msn.com email address? It supports all the features of modern email and you don't have to make a stupid email address like thenameiactuallywant+*randomcharactersgohere*@gmail.com.

There aren't any good names left with the other modern email services (i.e. gmail, hotmail, outlook, mail, etc.).

Man..it seems like I haven't dug up my old hotmail account in a hundred years.....I'd be afraid to look in there....88 thousand pages of spam!
I just looked at my old Hotmail account from 2007 (I stopped using it in 2008 or 2009). My last email was from 2018 and in total I have 211 unread messages. Just don't give out your email address to sketchy websites and you'll be fine. This is why I have a garbage email address. When a$$hole websites require an email address to access something and you know you don't want them emailing you, just give them the garbage email address so you can get the confirmation link or download link or whatever and forget about it. It amazes me when people give their email address to everyone who asks and then they're surprised when they get attacked by spam. Treat your email address like the keys to your house - only give the keys to people who you want to actually visit you (and you trust not to make copies of and sell to burglars).

Yup I don't use my biz account for junk.....I have a throwaway GMail account for that...and a primary GMail account...
The freebie Microsoft ones...I never got to using much, I just recall having a Hotmail...which Microsoft bought and morphed into MSN. And at some point in there, maybe before, during, or after....was "Live". I vaguely recall Live. Think that was right around the time when the predecessor to OneDrive had just come out....back then they called it SkyDrive....and I loved it. But..back to the Microsoft personal accounts....although I'm "Pro-Microsoft" for business stuff, guess I never considered their freebie personal email accounts good at all...thus never really got into using them. Always preferred GMail for the freebie personal stuff...had mine since the first year they came out. Although the latest personal accounts are good since they're basically 365 on the back end.

Back