SEO: not even on the map

Tracker 'file'? Never heard of that.

You need your analytics code to be added to each page you 'serve'.

But that aside. Google analytics code does not make you rank higher or anything. Or even let people find your website. I have ran websites ages without the darn Google analytics and Google search still drove traffic to my website. I ran without submitting sitemaps and all that. Analytics is nice for monitoring traffic, see how people find you etc.. It's is not going to make people find you. Submitting sitemaps helps indeed but if you have an interesting enough website the Google bot will find you even without. I also let Yoast do that for me BTW (submit sitemap). I don't think Yoast adds analytics code to your page? Or the paid version does?

Indeed this piece of code:

<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-142325093-1', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');
</script>
needs to load with each page to monitor and observe. I can not remember where, but you can have wordpress add that to your page headers/footers.

Also set up that google my business or whatever it's called and do the address verification thing.

Bottom line is that you need to make pages interesting and have actual content. The rest is just trickery to make it easier for Google to find.

Last edited:
OP, just like your website, we too use Yoast SEO. It works for us. You need to make sure META description and your Focus keywords to be unique and not the same or similar like your competitors in Franklin, NC. Obtain Google reviews from your customers. It helps for your placement in your local area.

probably a false alarm, i cant see the site from my current location but thats not too uncommon for this over protected network. Domain dossier can't connect to port 443 which i've never seen before but could be from multiple port scan attempts. I can load the page from my mobile network and SSL test seem to check out fine.

Back