Sent from my whatever using Tapatalk etc

Is it just me being a "cranky old coot" or does anyone else get annoyed by posts that have these signatures on the end of the post? :mad:

Doesnt bother me. However, I am becoming a cranky old coot myself :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message sent thru 'dino the happy server' using linux on a vpn connection for security.
-= Eat Hooterville Rutabagas! =-
:)

I get emails with it as well, you know "Sent from my iPad" etc... Who the F**K cares!
But I like your signature! Very funny, Lol

Is it just me being a "cranky old coot" or does anyone else get annoyed by posts that have these signatures on the end of the post? :mad:
Doesn't bug me enough to start a new thread about it. But it does bother me enough to respond to that thread. :p And yes, I do agree. I wish they would take 30 seconds and turn off the signature in their app. It would make for a smoother reading experience for everyone.

Doesnt bother me. However, I am becoming a cranky old coot myself :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message sent thru 'dino the happy server' using linux on a vpn connection for security.
-= Eat Hooterville Rutabagas! =-
:)
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

edit: I wish I could get my VPN to work. Maybe you have some ideas?

Doesn't really bother me, but it's funny when people slightly tweak it. I had a guy I worked with whose signature was

Sent from my iPhone 7

Back when the 4s was the newest phone out lol.

------Sent from my Tardis-----
Now you have to prove that by returning to a time before the other replies were posted to make post number 2.

Speaking of number twos, did you in fact mean a Turdis?

-------- Sent from my NSA Monitored Device --------

Gotta say I find them annoying too. But now that I think about it, you could have some fun with them ...

-------- Sent from your mom’s bed --------

-------- Sent from your iPhone --------

Hm, "Sent from the smouldering ruins of my Galaxy Note 7" perhaps?

I think these started as a combination of advertising ("Hey, look, if you get an iPhone you can send email too!") and excuse ("Forgive my brevity, spelling, grammar and word choice, I'm doing this from my phone to show that my responsiveness is better than my judgement"). These days, it's still some of the same thing. I honestly don't recall whether I've turned that off on everything.

Yes, I agree you could have some fun with them but most people don't bother to change it to something meaningful or disable it.
I used to have a collection of funny signatures to append to email years ago, like:

"Windows has detected that the breeze has moved the curtains.
You must reboot to reflect the changes!"

or

No trees were harmed in the creation of this
message - however, a large number of electrons
were seriously inconvenienced!

or

Windows has detected your mouse has moved.
You must reboot now to reflect these changes.
Reboot Now? Y/N

I had a bunch of those for LaserJet IIIsi and 4si printers, with the little display. Things like "00 INSERT COINS"

You could change those display messages with a bit of simple PJL code.

In the beginning of that signatures I got bored, but today I am a little bit wiser: It is just the apology for bad spelling and/or bad grammar in a world with small devices in big hands, auto correction and all these things.

"Sent from my computer running windows 10. Upgrade to the Edge browser now".
"Your computer is infected with a virus. Click Here to get rid of it".

Reactions: GTP
imageService

Back