Scanning from MFP....to a folder in Teams

YeOldeStonecat

Reaction score
Has anyone played with the "power automate" to come up with with a process to peel attachments out of email, and save to that Teams channels files?

My goal is....to replace the functionality of the on-prem server, when it comes to offices that have a big MFP..that sends scans to a folder on the server.
Most scanners also support scanning to file to email. But most "existing" MFPs can't scan to file and save to....cloud storage. (I know some NEW models can).

So I'm thinking....create a Team...and edit the funky default email address so it's something like "scanner@clientsdomain.com". And then...I've heard some people have done a power automate..to save attachments in incoming emails to the Files.

So this process basically replaces the old school "scan...to file....save at \\servername\scans"

Brian,

I keep it real simple. Make a Scans team. Leave General as what everyone get. Make any private department wide ones. Click on the dots next to channel and get the email address. I sometimes (rarely) make a contact to clean it up.....generally only if scanner has limit....

Then I just sync the folder down. I generally hide the team or channel inside Teams and turn off notifications so they don't see the text posting.

Works fine.

Brian,

I keep it real simple. Make a Scans team. Leave General as what everyone get. Make any private department wide ones. Click on the dots next to channel and get the email address. I sometimes (rarely) make a contact to clean it up.....generally only if scanner has limit....

Then I just sync the folder down. I generally hide the team or channel inside Teams and turn off notifications so they don't see the text posting.

Works fine.

"Sync the folder down"....to what? Do you have the MFP sent scanned docs as emails to the email addy of the Team? If so...how are you getting the attachments to peel out of the email, and into the File repository of that Team/Channel?

Back