[TIP] Robo callers and telemarketers/spammers

I bought a Pixel 3a, all Pixel's come with call screening built in. I see a number I think might be spam... the phone usually thinks so too, and I push the screen button. After that, typically they hang up and I report the number.

Between that, and switching my business phone over to Call Centric, and only allowing low, or medium likely scam calls to even see my VoIP trunk... my telemarketing calls have all but vanished.

The problem with that type of screening is that a large majority of my older residential clients have either silent numbers or hidden numbers due to the the high volume of spam calls they receive.

Screening unknown callers and callers with hidden or silent numbers would lose me a lot of business.

The Should I Answer app uses a large and growing list of known spam call numbers reported by me and all the other members the community.

I still get all my oldies calls but no spam/telemarketers

Also, many spam calls fake the number that appears, so you may in fact be blocking an innocent bystander.

The best option I used to use was the tone for a disconnected line. That stopped calls. But you have to deploy it wisely.

Back