[REQUEST] Recommend a Mail-in Mobile Device Repair Business

Appletax

Reaction score
I do not do hardware repairs on mobile devices because I hate it. It's a pain-in-the-arse and the pay is crap. There's no business in my area (Escanaba, Michigan) that offers this service. I need to find a very high quality, reasonably priced business that offers mail-in repairs for mobile devices for people in my area that don't want to have to go out-of-town an hour away to Marquette, MI or to Green Bay, WI. Who do you recommend?

Last edited:
Have you reached out to these locations that are in the areas you mentioned? Are the providers in those areas reasonably priced and competent? You might can make some type of arrangement with one of them to drop off and pick up or if your lucky pick up and delivery.

I would be interested in the answer to the original query, too. I long ago stopped doing any repairs to smartphones simply because there is no way to keep any screens in stock that don't "go spoiled" so quickly that your head spins because models change so frequently and so much.

There used to be someone in my town who did smartphone repairs, but he went under during the pandemic. We do have folks about 35 minutes away, and I refer out to them for this work, but would love to have known reliable and honest mail-in services that I could refer people to.

I don't get nearly enough calls on smartphone repair to make any sort of regular referral arrangement worth doing. And, these days, unless the phone is a flagship or near-flagship model, the cost of repair is often more than the cost of replacement.

no one wants to be phoneless for even a day much less the time for mail-in, repair and return.

True that. But those of us who live "in the hinterlands" (whatever that may be for a specific thing) don't always have a choice in the matter.

Again, the Rolling Stones said it perfectly, "Ya can't always get whatcha want. But if you try, sometimes, you just might find, you get whatcha need!"

Addendum: And these days many people have at least a couple of "my old phones" in the drawer that can serve in a pinch with nothing more than a switch of the SIM card.

If my mobile device needed repair, I would prefer the manufacturer to repair it as I think they'd do the best job, esp. in the case of Apple products. It would likely cost the most, though.

I really would not want a 3rd party repairing my expensive AF iPhone 14 Pro.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag, yes we do mail-in repairs on mobile devices, laptop and desktop boards. I get what everyone is saying and agree with most answers but often, the repairs are much cheaper than replacement costs.

UBIF in Northwest Indiana refers a lot of business to us that they don't or won't do. Gaming laptop motherboards, even used, are often $400+ these days. It makes sense to repair those boards, which is often BIOS or MOSFET issues. Phones often have valuable customer data that isn't backed up to the cloud, so repairing those boards also makes sense. iPad charging ports, and tristar replacements are common repairs in the shop. Nintendo switch repairs are also getting more common on the bench. We constantly weigh replacement cost verses repair costs so customers don't get upside down in a repair. Our average board repair price is just under $150. Some repairs less, some repairs more but the average is about $150.

Back