Question about Comodo One

tucsonpc

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been browsing through the forums, and in one thread dedicated to remote access programs, I discovered Comodo One. This seems like an invaluable tool for a startup not yet ready to drop hundreds (or thousands) of dollars on something like TeamViewer, particularly for RMM services.

That being said, I haven't had much time to go digging through One's offerings, but so far it doesn't look like there's a way to allow a client to temporarily join the service for a one-time transaction -- did I just miss it? Or do I need to continue investigating a remote access service?

Couple of things. First, hundreds or thousands? Maybe if your talking about n-able RMM but GFI is very much in the realm of ultra affordability. Second - we've tried Comodo. I REALLY wanted to like it because their service desk module is pretty slick. Unfortunately that's it. The RMM module to me, ranks among some of the worst pieces of software I've ever used (and I'm a Windows ME survivor). Literally at every turn it did the opposite I was expecting. When GFI is so affordable, it was a no-brainer. Plus, the Comodo sales guys will keep passing you off to each other internally and they'll hound you to no end. Just today the same guy called 5 times then emailed me wanting to know why we wouldn't talk to them. This is after I've already explained our position to 3 other sales people there.

I have tried them out as well. Went through the Webinar and messed around with it. The Service Desk was nice but everything else was a mess. They called me a couple times in the beginning but now all they do is send me emails that got to Spam. I would seek a different alternative. GFI is an excellent choice.

How would the Comodo sales people even be able to talk/bug someone to attempt to sell something, just out of curiosity? (I left the phone number portion blank, so, that option should be reserved only for Indian tech scammers! :)

I tinkered with Comodo One/RMM a tad this evening....

Initial impressions?

1. Very slow...as if my connection we being routed thru a 386 via dialup somewhere in China, then forwarded thru India, back thru the NSA, then to me in Okinawa!
2. It did seem to 'work' (albeit slowly), and, I saw the options to shutdown the client, or restart, restart with networking, etc...
3. Initially impressed with an 'autoruns mgr', although it seemed to only list about one third or less of the processes running
4. Process Explorer was much worse...I think only 3 of 50 processes on my virtual XP machine were listed...; restarted, refreshed, no change

Update: Perhaps the autoruns/process explorer data update might have a minor glitch, if I select another tab then come back to the tab in question, all processes/startups are listed (numerous on my test VM), and relatively fluid in updates. (Not quite as impressive as Sysinternal's ProcessExplorer, but, certainly informative)

The more I use it, the more impressed I am, truthfully, especially for free!

Last edited:
was tinkering in 'browser add ons', or equivalent, but, since nothing showed on my relatively clean XP VM; I highlighted IE, thinking it might show some more detail, and, apparently removed/corrupted IE inadvertently! Caution is advised if tinkering :)

I also tried comodo one and I loved the idea of it, but in the end I decided to go with MaxFocus. I'm liking it so far.

I tinkered around with it a bit. I'm using MaxFocus now, but I may switch my friends/family over to Comodo to give it a more robust test (and lower my MF charges a few bucks).

We gave Comodo One a try, and will continue testing it (why not, given the price). It's not bad for a free product, but I don't think it's comparable to the paid options yet. There's a lot that's still rough around the edges....we've found the patch management very hit and miss so far.

It's worth keeping an eye on. But if you just want one-time remote access, we've been happy with ScreenConnect.

Comodo's One's dashboard's use of colors in the patch management section is interesting; dark blue for good, light blue for critical, and orange for optional...? Odd, to say the least!

I'll likely look at it a bit, I sent something back to their first email saying "Well, I didn't finish the signup process because I actually read your EULA and you appear to only allow Enterprise use. Yes, I see that all your marketing is geared towards MSPs. It's the agreements that matter."

Looks like a work in progress but seems to be heading in the right direction. Maybe worth keeping an eye on it?

Back