Pixel 6 - Mute button when using speakerphone

Rigo

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Old lady customer, her son gave her the phone and she uses it almost exclusively on speakerphone.
From what I understand the micro mute icon auto mutes after a while even if she's not holding the phone. Seems that there might be a notification that she has to react to otherwise it auto mutes and the other party no longer hears her until she un-mutes, if she realises what's up.
I went through the phone settings but couldn't find any option to deal with something like that.
Hopefully someone here has the model or maybe more familiar with it.
Thanks for any help

Android doesn’t auto mute unless they’ve installed some third party app. Sounds more likely that she is accidentally touching the screen or the screen is having a false touching problem.

false touching problem
Thx for the suggestion, I didn't think of the touch sensitivity.
I could reduce that though she reckons it can happen even when not handling the phone.
I've checked the apps and just default basic apps listed in there.

I could reduce that though she reckons it can happen even when not handling the phone.
If it’s happening without touching the phone then it’s a faulty screen. Does it have a screen protector?

As a diagnostic aid you can turn on display touches in the developer options. Turn it on and set the phone down and see if it is registering phantom touches.

The pixel 6 is the cell I use for my personal phone. It is so sensitive. Half the time, I pick up the phone taking it out of my pocket. Glad its not my work cell

The pixel 6 is the cell I use for my personal phone. It is so sensitive. Half the time, I pick up the phone taking it out of my pocket. Glad its not my work cell
This. Almost certainly the old lady is just grabbing the phone and her palm is hitting the screen surface.

There is generally a "Touch & hold delay" (or similar wording) setting under the accessibility (physical) hierarchy. It's typically set to "short" by default. If you have a hypersensitive phone try bumping this up.

old lady is just grabbing the phone and her palm is hitting the screen surface
She leaves the phone on her table she said and it happens by itself.
After some Google search I found out it is a widespread issue for Pixel since 3 from what I could pick up.
Some people when trying to cancel the auto mute thingy during a conversation hit the button too many times and that apparently makes the phone reboot altogether.
Google has promised a fix since the Pixel 3 but it still hasn't been done.

Back