"Output Bin Is Full" HP Laserjet P2055d Printer error message

Justdropthem

Reaction score
Hi all in the house.

Please, I need the assistance of you all on this HP Laserjet P2055d printer error message.

A customer of my called me to come and check his printer for him that he can't print with the printer. I went to his office to check the printer but the problem (error message) that the printer was displaying is totally strange to me - the printer will just displaying "output bin is full, remove all paper from bin" in its display unit as soon as you put ON the printer and it shows Ready and also when you send a job to it from a computer. So, it wouldn't print both self test and when you send a job to it from a computer.

Please, anyone with an idea of what I can do to resolve the problem because, to be honest with you, I haven't encounter this particular error message before. But I've to the customer to give me till Monday for me to get one or two things that I'm going to use since this printer is a new model printer.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you have a bad sensor or the the plastic arm attached to the sensor is jammed or broken. That's a somewhat pricey unit. I would recommend you find an area printer tech to work on it if you don't have experience with printer repair.

I have printer repair techniques because I'm a computer technician. Only that I haven't come across this particular error message before. That is why I came here to seek advice or suggestion from the house.

I understand you may work on printers from time to time. but from your post its clear you don't do it often.

For Example, having never seen or heard that error message before I immediatly knwo the problem, or at leats what to check.

The output bin is where the paper is output too, and so the first thing to check would be the sensor that determines if thats full or not.

It could be broke, but experiance tells me paper dust is more likely the culprit, but a can of air and some examination would tell for sure.

So check it out and add this problem to your mental bank, your on your way to becoming a better tech :)

Thanks mkeathley, I will try to disassemble the printer on Monday morning to check for any broken sensor along the paper output path.

Thank you all. I tried to service the printer on Monday and ensured that I cleaned all the sensors in the printer. But the printer worked well after servicing it.

Once again, I'm very grateful to the house.

Back