[SOLVED] Outlook error - Windows Security

frase

Reaction score
A client has this contant issue when starting Outlook. Password is correct though goes around in circles, I have resolved it once before though for the life of me cannot remember. Running Business 2019.

I have removed profile and readded and still same.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 100116.jpg

Issue is still occuring, even though I did change the passwords to ones I created. Is so damn annoying, the security prompt pops up every time Outlook is opened.

Screenshot 2023-04-04 122837.jpg

That is the wrong dialog unless the server it's connecting to is REALLY REALLY old. You should never see that window.

Is this pop/imap?

I notice that the "Remember my credentials" checkbox is not checked. Has it always been such? If so, it's not going to retain the password you supplied and will prompt for it every time you first try to connect to that server.

Tried itsa notta working. It seems when I add another account is does that? I even just cleared credentials still bloody thing pops up!

I ended up removing profile, adding profiles manually. The popup still came up, though canceled and seemed to connect. They are going to 365 in the next few days I organised. It is an exchange account though running via 2019 H&B.

Last edited:
Have you tried launching Outlook in safe mode, selecting that profile, making sure it's the correct one. Then close out and see if it launches correctly.

Back