NextPOS for Resturant Pro

jbutler9

Reaction score
Ok, stopped in my local favorite mecxican resturant yesterday, mentioned to them that I repaired computer and low and behold the manager asks if I can fix his POS problems

First, I have never worked on a POS system but I have never met a problem I couldn't figure out and I am confident in my ability.

But, that being said, the manager wants to add some options to the Dine-In menu.

After the manager/waiter presses Dine-In he is taken to his resturant table layout, he then presses a table and then is presented with the types of food/drinks that he can pick for that particular table.

He clicks enchalada and he is presented with about 12 different types, but he wants to add more types.

Does anyone know where/how I add these in, even if you just point me in the right direction?

Second, he has a Bar menu just like the enchalada, however, he mentioned that one day he had all of his drinks in the bar menu, came in the next day and all the bar menu items were gone.

I figure once I find out how to add the menu items for enchaladass then I can figure out the Bar menu.

I understand that they have a "server in the back" is that where I go to fix this stuff?

Any help would be appreciated.

I think you'll need some specific information on the software to get the best answers, also many times POS systems are Windows 98 machines with the POS software running over it, I think some have moved to XP but most that I recall run over 98 still.

The list is probably dynamically generated from a database. It is just a case of adding the new types to the database which are then displayed within the array. This is usually achieved with sql but depends on the type of database.

Last edited:
I'm only familiar with one POS system, but it has a manager program for adding items and options. This is separate from the register program that runs at the various register stations. I can access the manager program from any of the terminals, but ymmv.

-Rance

I'm only familiar with one POS system, but it has a manager program for adding items and options. This is separate from the register program that runs at the various register stations. I can access the manager program from any of the terminals, but ymmv.

-Rance

Almost every POS system I have seen works like this. I highly doubt it would require a user to mess with SQL just to add menu items. This would be unpractical and overly complicated for the average computer user, so basically you would have to call a technician or programmer every time you wanted to add/edit something on your menu, that would be a fail for any POS company.

Anyway, I dug this up from Google - it is the software manual for your POS software. I am not sure if the version is the same, but I am sure it must be near the same. Take a look at page 101+, it goes into detail about editing the menu. Click Here

Back