New BETA App: dEventMonitor - real-time Windows Event Log monitor (Need BETA testers)

Yep, toilet paper for the BETA phase. :) Not sure that it is final, as it looks a little jagged, but I did change the icon. I had to, as a few people have already started to actually use it in a production environment! Can't have TP there!

Yep, toilet paper for the BETA phase. :) Not sure that it is final, as it looks a little jagged, but I did change the icon. I had to, as a few people have already started to actually use it in a production environment! Can't have TP there!

Thank you for the icon change! Looks better... Still running some tests.

Just uploaded v1.5
  • Added simple SNMP queries for specific OIDs during the Heartbeat, so you can query any SNMP enabled device on your network to determine if it is alive.
  • Added option to check ANY partition on the PC/Server (including mapped network drives) for Total / Available disk space during the Heartbeat.
  • Added a drop down selectable service list so you don't need to know the service name when adding it to the Heartbeat check list.
  • Added Keyword/Phrase Exclusion for the Event Descriptions in each individual rule.
  • Added a Global Exclusion list for Event IDs, Event Sources, and Keywords/Phrases in the Event Descriptions. Any event matching items defined in the Global Exclusion list will be excluded from triggering an event alert.

One word, wait for it, wait for it: Legend-dary! Honestly, you did an excellent job on this last update. I just did the upgrade (automatic, working perfectly) and I saw the new features! I am going to put in production this week to see the result... For the snmp trap, just need to find the OID number and I am good to go. Love the disk space check and also the possibility to select specific service to be sure it up and running. Are you storing the result of the query localy or it's just send by email?

Thanks,
Fred

No, not really except if you want to do some research after an issue...

Well, all of the event alerts triggered are stored locally for that purpose... accessible through the Desktop Monitor (systray icon) component.

That reminds me. I need to add google search functionality to the Desktop Monitor when clicking on certain items...

v1.6 just uploaded.
  • Added Google and Copy to Clipboard functionality to the Desktop Monitor when right-clicking on any event alert in the list.
  • Added a check for newly installed applications to the Heartbeat. Any app installed since the last heartbeat will be reported with the application name, publisher, and installation path. (Thanks to ITinMind for the great idea!)

Any more ideas?

v1.6 just uploaded.
  • Added Google and Copy to Clipboard functionality to the Desktop Monitor when right-clicking on any event alert in the list.
  • Added a check for newly installed applications to the Heartbeat. Any app installed since the last heartbeat will be reported with the application name, publisher, and installation path. (Thanks to ITinMind for the great idea!)

Any more ideas?

Thank you very much! Again, love the new feature. I will try it more and let you know if I found any others features...

If you are looking for a tool to monitor your clients network, dEventMonitor is the tool. Best price on the market right now.

Back