joomla css editing

4ycr

Reaction score
I am not too great at editing joomla and was wondering if anyone could point me to a good tutorial on how to edit templates & css settings in joomla

I don't know what all the different options are n css

I am not too great at editing joomla and was wondering if anyone could point me to a good tutorial on how to edit templates & css settings in joomla

I don't know what all the different options are n css

The Joomla Developers Manual or the Joomla Template Tutorial are reasonable places to start. Also, just comparing your work to any of the included default templates can give you a lot of clues.

I think getting comfortable with CSS is a much bigger deal than how Joomla templates specifically handle it. If you have a web background it should be clear from looking at the included templates how things are related and what you need to do.

I do a lot of Joomla development, so I'm happy to answer any questions.

The Joomla Developers Manual or the Joomla Template Tutorial are reasonable places to start. Also, just comparing your work to any of the included default templates can give you a lot of clues.

I think getting comfortable with CSS is a much bigger deal than how Joomla templates specifically handle it. If you have a web background it should be clear from looking at the included templates how things are related and what you need to do.

I do a lot of Joomla development, so I'm happy to answer any questions.

Joomla CSS is just the same as editing any other CSS. One thing I would do, is start getting some plugins for your browser. For example, I use Firefox and Firebug is a necessity. It will help you view a live site (even a Joomla site) and show you exactly what part of the code you are working with. From there you can start digging into the CSS and making modifications as needed. Most things concerning a Joomla template are controlled via the CSS, which can be edited in the "Template Manager" inside Joomla.

I personally love Joomla and use it all the time. I did not use any specific Joomla tutorials because most of it is related to your normal php/html/css coding. For me the hardest part was learning the roles of modules/components/plugins/categories/ & sections. Once you figure all of that out it is a wonderful CMS to work with.

One thing I would recommend as well is reading up on how to secure Joomla. In my starting days I had a couple of Joomla sites hacked as it is fairly easy to do.

My website extendoffice.com is using joomla, and I learned all the informations of joomla from it's website joomla.org.

BTW, joomla 1.6 has been launched and more easy to use.:)

Back