IS this possible? Scan inbox for one sender & log all attached files

tankman1989

Reaction score
One of my relatives is a prolific emailer, and I guess I would be to him as well (we go back and forth at times). The problem is that he has sent probably hundreds of emails with 3-7mb attached files like Funniest_Things_Ever.scr and I would not download these. I warned him that he could be spreading viruses, don't know how he took it.. So, this is in Gmail but I guess I could run it through outlook or Thunderbird. Would that be the easiest way to see all the attachments he has sent?

I've done remote access on his system before and he was using some free anti virus that was doing absolutely nothing except slowing his machine down and printing a stupid quote on every email "That this is scanned and free of malicious code by suckky-free-scam-AV" and it was EXTREMELY slow and neurotic. I'll bet he has a few hundred problems going on in there if things are still the same.

So, Any suggestions on how to get a list of the attachments (and size would be nice as well) and maybe even scanned for viruses?

I'd like to see if he has a RAT on his computer..

10o387c.png

Btw, you do know that gmail scans for viruses, right?
gmail-attachment-virus.png

Note the lack of a 'download attachment' option there.

Last edited:
You can use the search box at the top to search for a specific person's emails that have attachments. I want to say you use 'from:' and 'has:attachment', but you might have to look it up if I'm wrong.

Pretty sure nirsoft have an attachment view utility. Not used it so don't know how suited it would be for your situation but worth a look.

Back