iPhone, iPod and iPad parts supply? Care to share?

NewfieTechie

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have been offering this service for a while now. I have tried various places to get my parts, with mixed results. Some places claim OEM parts, but they arrive as obviously junk.

I have been getting the run around from a lot of people, so I am looking for some 3rd party advise here. I have tried Apple (AASP, that is), but if you check out my intro. thread, you will learn I am from a relatively small area. They want nothing to do with me, not a big enough area.

I have done a lot of searching around these forums, but again - mixed results.

Some of the sites suggested around the forums are:
LaptopScreen.com
wholesalegadgetparts.com
qualityrepairparts.com
etechparts.com

Looking at all of these sites, inspecting their images and reading their item descriptions - I am not sold. None of them claim to be genuine parts, I doubt they are.

Some of the parts I have received from sites such as eBay are of just terrible quality. I strive to offer my customers the best they can get.

So, with all that said. Does anyone have or know of a wholesaler or the like that offers genuine apple parts at a reasonable price? Do they even exist or is everyone that is not an AASP using the aftermarket? Can anyone share some insight or information on the aftermarket if that is the case - are there multiple manufacturers (thus explaining the range of quality...)?

I am currently buying from an individual who claims to be an AASP selling screens on the side. But they do not seem the same quality as the originals I am removing. I know Samsung was making the screens for apple, but news says they have severed those ties - are there no more genuine screens?

Sorry for the long winded post and 20 questions, but any insight would be great. Finding an honest answer seems a daunting task.

Regards,
NewfieTechie

Apple does not supply 3rd parties with genuine parts. You must be an Apple Authorized service center (Last I heard, was being discontinued) or an Apple Store to get genuine parts. The only other alternative is using parts from another device.

I quit servicing Apple gear all-together because of this and their targeting/suing repair shops. F'em. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply phaZed. I am aware that they do not provide parts to 3rd party. I am looking for a middle-man dealer or the like....

Thanks for the reply phaZed. I am aware that they do not provide parts to 3rd party. I am looking for a middle-man dealer or the like....

That's what I was trying to convey. There is NO middle man. It's pretty much either go to the Apple Store or an AASP (That hasn't been put out of business by Apple yet) for genuine parts. I doubt you will find any "middle-man" because Apple would yank their certification if they found out. You would have to have "The hook up".

I am currently buying from an individual who claims to be an AASP selling screens on the side. But they do not seem the same quality as the originals I am removing.

If he/she is selling you just and LCD panel for a unibody and saying they are an AASP they are full of crap because Apple doesn't supply the LCD panels separate from the clamshells. It's all one assembly from Apple.

But regardless, this doesn't surprise me as they sound crooked violating the AASP agreement anyway selling screens on the side.

Clamshell means the entire screen assembly.

They come to me like this:
image.dhgate.com/albu_347288968_00-1.0x0/for-iphone-4-4g-lcd-display-touch-screen.jpg

No earpiece grill and no camera holder on them... They used to have both on their, but now they don't all of a sudden, that is what raised my suspicion.

They come to me like this:
image.dhgate.com/albu_347288968_00-1.0x0/for-iphone-4-4g-lcd-display-touch-screen.jpg

No earpiece grill and no camera holder on them... They used to have both on their, but now they don't all of a sudden, that is what raised my suspicion.
Clamshell, means the display assembly for a laptop.

And no, that's not from Apple

Apple has always been very picky about their parts business. This goes back to the beginning. To my knowledge Apple will not direct sell OEM parts to anyone other than AASP's. And I believe that AASP's cannot resell parts outside of a repair for the most part.

On the iOS devices. There was a thread on here in the last month or two where the Fed's, with Apple's prodding, raided a bunch of repair shops in FL for having counterfeit parts for iPads and iPhones. We do not know the details but people did loose inventory and will not be compensated for that.

As far as I know there are no non-warranty repairs via AASP's for iOS devices. I have replaced the glass on my phone a couple of times and got the parts from directfix.com. The service was prompt. They do have videos on YouTube showing repairs.

amazon and etechparts..

Amazon: Pretty cheap and most iPhone, iPod, and iPad screens can be found with amazon prime. $3.99 for next day and free 2 day shipping..

Etechparts (most reliable): For misc stuff that you don't need very often. i.e. dock connectors, batteries, logic boards, etc.

/thread

Last edited:
Back