I have decided to end my career as an IT Professional.

Why would they save a password when it's obviously wrong?

They probably wouldn't if they waited, but the prompt for saving comes up almost immediately, and those who generally save them will react to that very quickly, before the login process even rejects. Then, lather, rinse, repeat, each time thinking, "I've got to have the right one this time."

Yeap that's in my toolkit with WRT. A client freaked out once when I bought the pass list up. Was like ya fn serious, just like that wow.
I dislodged my hood as all hackers do wear, and said affirmative.

Though I did mention to him the perils of using autosave for passwords, as someone could do the same and for nefarious purpose. Was duly noted and I re-hooded and vanished.

Last edited:
they're so sure they can't be wrong! You know, the computer must be at fault here....
This is so weird. Don't get me wrong, I get clients like this too sometimes, but the majority of my clients know and admit they're idiots when it comes to computers. When they claim that they never had a password and I tell them that they do, they just go "oh, so what are we supposed to do now? I don't remember the password I set up x years ago." They don't argue, in fact they're very grateful when I get them going again. In the few instances when it wasn't possible to recover their accounts, they get sad/angry/upset, not with me but at Yahoo, Google, etc. Maybe it's an income thing. Most of my clients are higher income.

This is so weird. Don't get me wrong, I get clients like this too sometimes, but the majority of my clients know and admit they're idiots when it comes to computers. When they claim that they never had a password and I tell them that they do, they just go "oh, so what are we supposed to do now? I don't remember the password I set up x years ago." They don't argue, in fact they're very grateful when I get them going again. In the few instances when it wasn't possible to recover their accounts, they get sad/angry/upset, not with me but at Yahoo, Google, etc. Maybe it's an income thing. Most of my clients are higher income.
In the end, they'll admit it. But you know, everything has been fine for years, then at some point the computer asks for a password, then they try everything that comes to their mind (being sure they cannot be wrong) and then call me to reset. They won't argue this much with me, but it's not their fault, it's the computer...
Edit: to be fair, many times someone else set up their account, and didn't insist on the password...

Last edited:
Worse is the "my password is not working, I know it's the right one"

Believe it or not, I have actually seen this occur, once, with Roadrunner email. It was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in that we could log in to RoadRunner webmail with the password the user had, but if you tried it via an e-mail client it would not work.

Further research revealed that Roadrunner had change its password policy, and apparently "grandfathered in" existing ones that didn't meet it for webmail, but not any other login. It was the damnedest thing I'd ever seen, and both I and the client nearly lost our sanity over it. Once I updated the password to meet the current standards, it worked just fine in webmail and an email client. I hope to never experience something like this again!

Back