HP AIO boot error

River Valley Computer

Reaction score
Got a HP All-in-One in yesterday. HP 22-df10032w It just keeps rebooting with the same error approx. every 15 seconds. From what we have researched it was cratered by an Windows 10 update to the BIOS. None of the normal keys e.g. ESC, F2, F9 don't work. Tried Windows key + B. Nothing. We are stumped. Changed the SSD out with another one and it does not go to the white error screen. Can't put the BIOS file on a USB because the F9 function or F2 doesn't work. I think we have a door stop here. Thanks for listening and any help would be appreciated. We have ran out of whiskey.

1693618932247.jpeg

Got a HP All-in-One in yesterday. HP 22-df10032w It just keeps rebooting with the same error approx. every 15 seconds. From what we have researched it was cratered by an Windows 10 update to the BIOS. None of the normal keys e.g. ESC, F2, F9 don't work. Tried Windows key + B. Nothing. We are stumped. Changed the SSD out with another one and it does not go to the white error screen. Can't put the BIOS file on a USB because the F9 function or F2 doesn't work. I think we have a door stop here. Thanks for listening and any help would be appreciated. We have ran out of whiskey.

View attachment 15203
On some HPs, you can get to the BIOS by pressing the F10 key as the backlight comes on. Or try using fn and F2 key together. I've seen some pretty weird key combos. If it's not one of these, let us know what it is when you figure it out.

Last edited:
On some HP, you can get to the BIOS by pressing the F10 key as the backlight comes on. Or try using fn and F2 key together. I've seen some pretty weird key combos. If it's not one of these, let us know what it is when you figure it out.
Here's a short list from 2019. No doubt there are other keys to boot into BIOS. If the BIOS is set to use fn keys, then try the fn and F2. I've never had to use the DEL key.2019.png

I haven't bricked a machine by flashing the BIOS in a long time. I guess it still can happen.....

New info:

We removed the original SSD and put in a preloaded SSD. Now it doesn't constantly display the white screen but still can not get into BIOS. Never shows the HP splash screen either. :mad::mad:

That leaves disassembly, removal of the CMOS battery, shorting the power button for.....some unknown period of time.... then reinserting the battery, reassembly and attempt to boot...

That leaves disassembly, removal of the CMOS battery, shorting the power button for.....some unknown period of time.... then reinserting the battery, reassembly and attempt to boot...
Done that many steps ago. From what we are reading this particular MB is called MONK. It appears that it is not able to update the BIOS via a Flashdrive.. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I had two HP laptops bork themselves. A bit different situation, but still caused by an unwanted BIOS update - it broke Bitlocker and nobody has a key and it's not on their MS account. A 15-dy1074nr and a HP ProBook 650 G2.

I had a 28inch or so AIO that fits the OPs description to a T... I had to flash that BIOS out of circuit, but once I did it sprang to life. Yep, had to remove the BIOS, throw it a jig and program it.

I had two HP laptops bork themselves. A bit different situation, but still caused by an unwanted BIOS update - it broke Bitlocker and nobody has a key and it's not on their MS account. A 15-dy1074nr and a HP ProBook 650 G2.

I had a 28inch or so AIO that fits the OPs description to a T... I had to flash that BIOS out of circuit, but once I did it sprang to life. Yep, had to remove the BIOS, throw it a jig and program it.
Yep-you experienced it also. We had the ability several years ago to remove a CMOS chi and reprogram but we did it so seldom (like 2X) we sold everything. It appears it only affects the 'MONK' MBs. I really feel the blame is on Microsoft not HP in this case. Except why make a board the you can't boot from USB to fix the BIOS.

I had long ago ordered replacement CMOS/BIOS chip from manufacturers in the past not sure if this is an option in this case but worth a look.

Back