How do you manage multiple Office355 tenants?

thecomputerguy

Reaction score
Two cases for this.

Case 1) Resetting passwords or adding/removing users.

I find myself ALL DAY LONG opening incognito, logging into a tenant, performing 2FA, then navigating through the slow O365 admin platform. Then closing incognito, realizing I forgot something, then doing it over again. It's slow and tedious when I have access to 20+ tenants.

Case 2). Making universal changes.

Say there is a universal change I want to make to 7 or 8 if my tenants like adding a conditional access policy that I feel several tenants would benefit from. Is there a way to do this without having to through through the whole logging into a tenant, performing 2FA, then navigating through the slow O365 admin platform. Then closing incognito, realizing I forgot something, then doing it over again.

One thing I'd recommend is using Firefox and its Multi-Account Containers feature and create a container for each tenant, and not necessarily logging out any too quickly since I presume you have reasonable physical security for the computer you're using. Each container is its own virtual world, completely isolated from the others, and you can jump between them much like you can jump between workspaces in browsers that support them. But, unlike workspaces, they exist as though it were a separate instance of Firefox virtually, rather than the way all workspaces are still a part of a single browser session.

I do not know of any way to make multi-tenant changes in one fell swoop. I'd imagine the easiest way to do this would be using CLI for M365.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/m...-microsoft-365-powershell?view=o365-worldwide
where you change the tenant you're working with programmatically.

@trevm999

Thanks for that. Looks like a great tool, is open source, and is led/overseen by Microsoft's own folks.

The fewer wheels that need to be reinvented, the better.

Microsoft's one 365 Lighthouse...to manage M365 tenants.

Of course your own Microsoft partner account has GDAP rights to all your tenants, if you set that up.

We also use SkyKick
Slowly adopting both their 365 manager..
And their 365 security manager

Open sourced similar product

But...at the end of the day, for many day to day tasks, I still find it easiest and quickest to log into a tenant with the GA account we set up in each tenant, storing the TOTP code in our HUDU system.

Back