Has anyone else seen this under Win10 Version 21H2?

britechguy

Reaction score
I just updated the laptop I'm typing from, an HP Envy 15 laptop with a i7 4th Gen to Version 21H2 last night. I have several others that have updated several months back, and I have not seen anything like this.

There have been several cycles of this notification showing up:

Adding_New_Features.jpg

Often several in a row. Then, later, this:
i
Couldn't_Install.jpg

Given the symbol in the message, I'd have to believe this is related to a language pack. But when I "Tap to get more information," all that happens is Settings opens to the main screen.

I'd love to know what this is about, but have so far been unsuccessful in turning over "the correct rock." If anyone else is experiencing this, whether or not you know why, I'd love to know that. If anyone knows why it happens, that would be great to know, too.

I haven't seen it before but I found these doing a reverse image search:

@phaZed

Thanks very much. I must be a complete idiot, though, unless Microsoft changed things. I cannot seem to find the Optional Feature History shown in two of the three of those references for love nor money. What I can find looks nothing like them and is showing nothing.

I don't think this is Cortana related as I've had Cortana disabled "forever." I just never use Cortana or anything similar like Google Assistant or Siri, either.

Back