Direct access to Gmail Server Side Filtering in eM Client 9

britechguy

Reaction score
I wondered when (and under which email client) I'd end up seeing something like this:

1652809320000.png

And lo and behold, today it appeared when I applied the latest update to eM Client to Version 9.

These last few years have become a nightmare as far as trying to get users to understand that email filtering has shifted, almost completely, to being a server side thing and that spam filtering is almost universally done on the server side before you ever get to see a message in a client.

And the fact that a very great many email clients (including Outlook) do not "play well" with any server side filtering (as in they don't work together, which can be quite messy when multiple device access is needed) clients become even more confused when, "I told {insert email client here} to never send messages from {insert domain or address} to spam, but they're still going to spam!" They don't get that that spam classification was made before their email client ever gained access to the message in the first place.

I truly hope that this is the beginning of a trend, and not just in regard to Google/Gmail. Server-side filtering is where the game has been at for a very long time now, and I'd rather see email client programs interacting with the server side filtering of every given email service provider rather than creating these locally as so many still do now.

The "show video" link is:

Back