Cryptolocker 3.0 on XP

Oh, so about that...

When I told him that backups are key, he just said something like, I learned my lesson, I'll do the backups more. Then one of his co-workers said 'yeah, at least once a month... hah. So I said, it should be every day or every other day.... or however much data/time you're willing to lose.

Anyway, I explained that it's fine to do the manual backups (told him about CL3.0 jumping to attached devices, so he says he'll unplug the drive) but a cloud backup is cheap, etc. So I sold him a Carbonite Personal Plus, which includes an image backup, and he thought the $30 extra was worth it.
The issue may be with backup speed, as he's in an area with low service, and upload is dismal.

I should put on an antivirus as well (he has a new PC now, Win10), though I did explain that this virus would probably have gone through. I could try selling other things, like CryptoProtect but I don't think he'll be interested since he's backed up well now.
I will try to sell him one, if not, I'll go with Avira Free - better than nothing.

Thanks for the 'likes' and participation all.

Back