[SOLVED] Critical Process Died BSODs

Appletax

Reaction score
Solution: returned to eBay seller.

-------------
Dell Inspiron 7573 2-in-1 | Service Tag: 73FLFL2

Bought it on eBay for $290. Very good cosmetic condition (not beat up).

Keep getting Critical Process Died BSODs.

I am pretty sure it's due to an Intel driver because I setup Driver Verifier and it lists lots of Intel drivers and a Realtek driver for non-Microsoft drivers.

I have no issues until drivers are installed.

Windows 10 and 11. Tried multiple installs of Windows. Tried installing Dell's drivers. Tried just using Windows Updates, which leaves a lot of uninstalled drivers in Device Manager. Tried other stuff. Just doesn't matter.

Ran built-in diagnostics. Ran MemTest86. Only issue is that the battery is going bad.

Using a Belker 90 watt universal laptop charger. Never had an issue with it before.

I am about ready to just return it.

Event Viewer issues:

Event Viewer Screenshot.JPG Driver Failed to Load.JPG

2nd pic is regarding the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware

Attached: the big Event Viewer details.

Interestingly, BlueScreenView shows absolutely nothing on Windows 11.

Found: "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation."

Attachments

• Event Viewer Details.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Did you not get the official Dell 45 watt adapter with it?

Does it have the crappy Hynix drive still in it?

How long?

Gotta wonder why it was so cheap.
Got a link to the ebay listing?

eBay listing

Did not come with an AC adapter. I don't have one on hand.

Same SSD (I think, maybe not).

MemTest86 for like 3 hours.

Ran Prime95 for a few minutes with Driver Verifier enabled. Trying to crash the system to find the bad driver if that is the problem.

Info on the SSD:

CrystalDiskInfo.JPG Intel Memory and Storage Tool.JPG

Last edited:
The system gives me no issues until drivers are installed.

A few times, after installing an Intel driver and rebooting, the system would be slow to restart - it would say that it's updating Windows. Strange behavior.

Right now, I am running Heavy Load, which is hammering the CPU, RAM, SSD, and GPU. With Driver Verifier enabled on all non-Microsoft drivers.

18 minutes in and no issues.

Yay, it crashed lol. Took maybe 30 minutes.

Rebooted and it froze up when I launched Event Viewer (showed Kernel Power again) and BSODd (Critical Process Died).

Driver Verifier did not pop up.

Ugh!

Ran Heavy Load on battery for 37 minutes without issue.

I sure wish I had on hand a Dell charger.

Only way I can get one is to buy one online.

BSODs are usually memory related. Even though you ran memtest and Prime95, if you have extra memory on hand then replace the memory and see if that helps.

I went to the nearest big city over 2 hours away for a mini-vac and was able to snag a Dell OEM charger.

It fits the laptop, but does not charge it.

Multimeter shows that it works, so must not be the right tip size. Close, but no cigar.

Sigh, I am done. It goes back to the seller on Monday.

I could order a new charger from eBay and wait a week for it to get here, but I'd rather not.

I went to the nearest big city over 2 hours away for a mini-vac and was able to snag a Dell OEM charger.

It fits the laptop, but does not charge it.

Multimeter shows that it works, so must not be the right tip size. Close, but no cigar.

Sigh, I am done. It goes back to the seller on Monday.

I could order a new charger from eBay and wait a week for it to get here, but I'd rather not.
Retail item? Brown box? Used? New?

Voltage output doesn't mean anything unless you are measuring under load. The charger could put out 19v all day long until it's plugged in and a load is applied.

Retail item? Brown box? Used? New?

Voltage output doesn't mean anything unless you are measuring under load. The charger could put out 19v all day long until it's plugged in and a load is applied.

Used.

Can't test a power charger under load as it's only under a load when it's inside the laptop - no way to touch it with multimeter probes.

The tip it needs and the tip I have look super close.

X9RG3 is compatible, got LA65NS2-01.

Came with "Dell 45-Watt 3-Prong AC Adapter with 6.5 ft Power Cord".

Back