Cloud backup

Fred Claus

Reaction score
Who do you all use for cloud backup? Most of my clients are less than 200 gb so I'm hooking them up to iDrive where I can get 500 gb for 10.00 a year. Since they are older residential customers, price is the big issue with them. I have some other clients who have move 1tb of backup though. What are the good backups to look into that are not costly. I was use Backblaze, until they raised their prices 66%, and the quality of their product has gone down.

I'm thinking about just telling my customers to go with iDrive all together since They have 5 TB for 99.50 (That's only 32% more than last year)

We used to do iDrive for many years....on some legacy plan were were bought something like a 5TB bucket for dirt cheap. Costs us like...literally less than 10 cents per client per month.

We've moved all our workstation backups to Datto Continuity or Veeam. More expensive...yes. But good support behind them...and we're only interested in full disk image backup.

We used to do iDrive for many years....on some legacy plan were were bought something like a 5TB bucket for dirt cheap. Costs us like...literally less than 10 cents per client per month.

We've moved all our workstation backups to Datto Continuity or Veeam. More expensive...yes. But good support behind them...and we're only interested in full disk image backup.
I was looking into Veeam, but they are just a tool with no cloud storage. I'll take a look at datto though. It's an option.

I have been offering either Backblaze or Carbonite. I am tending to go more towards Backblaze because of their Partner program and they offer a little more to their backup options than others.

Back