Business cards what do you put on the back?

When I designed Business Cards, the website I went to ( PinpointAssoc.com ) had a bunch of templates and had some backside templates. One that I thought was pretty clever was a business card that had a tip calculator. In my eyes, they would be less inclined to throw it away and more likely to carry it with them.

I'm surprised nobody else brought this up.

I haven't finalized my design, though I need to soon. But I am planning on adding a referral form on the back. A customer would put their info on the back of the card and give it to someone else to refer them. The person who got referred would get a small discount on their service, and the person who referred them would get some sort of thank you whether its a discount on a future service or maybe even a small check in the mail I'm not sure yet.

Now I am actually going after a residential market so now sure how that would chance the idea of what to put on the back.

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody else brought this up.

I haven't finalized my design, though I need to soon. But I am planning on adding a referral form on the back. A customer would put their info on the back of the card and give it to someone else to refer them. The person who got referred would get a small discount on their service, and the person who referred them would get some sort of thank you whether its a discount on a future service or maybe even a small check in the mail I'm not sure yet.

Now I am actually going after a residential market so now sure how that would chance the idea of what to put on the back.

I did think about this when I started off 4 years ago but people are happy to give your name out for free if you do a good job. Like a lot of the service industry, do a good job and be that 'word of mouth referral' person. I have my services on the back. All the money you give away chips away at your profit.:)

If you do a lot of networking (go to events, etc) then you should have space on the back for people you give them to to take notes. Also make sure it's not glossy as its hard to write on. Or have seperate cards just for networking events.

We have lines going across the back, to jot down notes.
In between those lines, we have our services in bullets. Been a fan of that for years, often you or your potential new client want to jot down a couple of things during the card exchange/hand shake.
Satin finish on the cards, esp the back, as noted...so you can write.

Back