Bing and google

Reaction score
I have recently launched my website and in the progress of getting it ranked in the search engines, being from the UK I have managed to get it ranked on the first page in many keywords on bing which is not that popular over here in the UK, but google is a different ball game I will play the waiting game, anyone else from the UK noticed they rank better with bing then google.

There are so many variables, you'll find different responses.

Personally, I find Bing less relevant than Google. I've had minimal traffic from Bing despite the fact that I have an ad based on keywords and location - placed on Bing, Yahoo and AOL.

In terms of ranking, I find Bing doesn't rank as highly, possibly as it doesn't seem to include reviews.

Last edited:
Yes, but Bing makes up less than 1% of global search traffic while Google is a whopping 90%. So you're missing a very big chunk of the market only ranking in Bing.

Unfortunately, ranking in Bing is easy because their algorithms are stupid and can easily be gamed with a bit of keyword stuffing. Google on the other hand, makes you really work for your rankings, but rewards you like a boss when you finally do get to rank.

You probably need to add a lot more content to your pages (google hates pages with less than 300-500 words on them and that's pretty much your entire site) as well as do a bit of link building to get some backlinks.

Back