Best rescue USBs

Using Mini Tool Partition Pro 11 via usb, for data recovery & lost/deleted partitions. Like the dreaded RAW, you need to format drive issue.

Yeah, you can just go download a clonezilla disk by itself free, or any of a variety of other utility-oriented distros or add tools to something. My copy of Parted Magic is due for an update, but $10 every couple years isn't going to break me and it's convenient.

That's what I'm saying. 10 bucks. You might as well not go to McDonald's one day lol. I mean sure all the tools they offer you can cobble together probably for free. But they have so many tools put together on there for you, how much time will it take to replicate that toolkit? Personally I'll pay 10 bucks as opposed to spending the time trying to put that kit together. I only have to update it every year or so, which is fine with me. I'll just keep a copy of the iso and life is good.

I didn't find Gandalf's much use when I wanted to copy the regback files in the Config folder to replace registry everything was locked I use PartedMagic

this sort of thread is why I signed up here. always nice to have a peek in others toolkits! my multiboot usb has, at the moment, avira rescue system, clonezilla live, linux mint, sergei strelic, trinity rescue kit, kaspersky rescue disk, system rescue cd, acronis, kali and ubuntu.
But it doesn't have the most important tools you could own in WRT and Fabs Auto Backup
WRT contains a third essential program called SDIO.
All of these tools are an essential and I couldn't/can't run my business efficiently without them.

Also, all these programs are provided by members of this forum. @AlexCa @fabs and @glennd

Back